✨Edna✨

This is for pheobebell08 on tiktok I hope this is good enough Edna content for you!!!

Back at the mansion Edna was on her hands and knees scrubbing the floors till she could see herself.

She thought after the inspector came over that maybe the Birlings would treat her better. But no.

She sighed, eyes watering as the marble floors glimmered in the light.

"Edna, tea in the drawing room!" A loud mrs Birling shouted coldly down the hall, Edna was too frustrated.

She stood up from the floors and marches up to Mrs Birling, "I quit. I cannot stand the way you treat me! I will find another job but you cannot keep treating me like I'm nothing but an object!"

Mrs Birling stood looking shocked, she had never had anyone speak to her like that, it was something else.

She didn't know what it was she felt but the harsh way Edna looked at her was thrilling.

"Don't even think about stepping out of line again, Edna. I am your superior! Don't even think about doing anything about that!" She spoke demanding, a tone she never thought she had in her.

She knows my name. Was all Edna could think of! They stared at each other, tension building.

But no, she couldn't do this, Edna took a deep breath and began to walk away and out the door.

Mrs Birling didn't stop her, she knew Edna would crawl back to her begging to have work again and Mrs Birling knew she would accept her after the appropriate amount of time.

_____

Gerald walked with Eric and Sheila as they walked to Mary's home. She too, was about fifty, a rather cold woman​ it runs in the friend group.

The duck was far gone but that was all they could all think of.

Gerald saw it as a symbolism of clarity, family, and love. Exactly how he felt to Eric, it was something that made sense.

All Eric could think of was how far the duck was though, he may still be slightly drunk.

They found their way to Mary's grand house and rang the doorbell, the sound ring loudly and a young chap opened the door.

"Hi." Sheila whispered, her voice gone with how hot Harry looked.

"Mr Stylers. Good to finally meet you after hearing so much from my mother and sister. You've gained quite the name." Eric spoke politely, poking fun at his sister who looked rather embarrassed.

"Not a problem! I'm glad to meet you too. Ms Birling, I have to say, you look amazing today. Just as you always do— might I add."

She blushed further, colour growing more pigmented on her face, "why thank you, you are quite handsome yourself!"

He smirked and grabbed her hand delicately kissing it while looking directly in her eyes.

"We shall be off, I'll meet you back here in an hour. Like mother said." Gerald said wanting to ravish his new love.

"Yes sure okay goodbye." She said quickly before walking inside the large house.

We are finally alone. Gerald thought.

"So what should we do or where should we go? I think we should stay away from the palace bar for a while. Mr Hegarty is still quite fresh news." Eric spoke with a hint of a smile in his voice.

They walk around the park stealing glances at each other trying to make the other laugh.

To everyone else they must have looked like two good friends having a nice catch up but only they knew the real reason behind their smiles and looks.

"I wish I had known you longer, I wish we could have a public relationship where we could go out and hold hands like the lovers we are!" Eric spoke loudly, gaining looks from the people who passed them.

No one payed enough attention though, no one bothered to try and speak with them, they were of a higher class so who was to question them or even think of them!

No one. No one should nor would ever say anything of the sort to them.

They laughed for the hour before heading back to collect Sheila, she was sat in the drawing room with Mary, laughing lightly over a joke of some kind.

"Oh Gerald's here... why is your ex-fiancé here? My dear?" Mary spoke with lines creasing her forehead.

"Oh no reason, I'm friends with Eric and thought I might as well tag along."

"So you want Sheila back do you?"

"I—" he paused.