2

“ How have you been Ma? Maine kaafi jyada ignore kiya na aapko the last month?”
Sidharth asked, as his mother poured the oil from the bottle and started with the head massage he was so fond of.. It had started when he had been stresses with his first board exams and his mother had come up with this amazing trick to get him his much desires relief from the so called stress.. It had worked like magic then and had stuck on even though his stress had shifted from exams to later exams and then to work load troubles and stress.. The age had changed, but not his way with his mother..

His mother, she is the only constant in his life.. A single mother, she had been like  the backbone for him and his sister Neetu.. Elder than five years and still a child at heart, she is now a married woman with a kid herself.. Residing at the same housing society as them, just a floor down to their flat.. A conjugated decision taken by both him and Neetu and her husband, to give their mother undivided attention , specially when  he wouldn’t be out for shooting..

“ Re nahi bacha.. Tu khud kitna busy tha?? Aur Neetu thi na yaha!! Main bilkul theek hu!”
Rita Saluja, his mother , a decent lady in her 60’s and the best mother said.. She’s a warm lady.. The most gracious and his only immediate family.. His father had expried when he was in college.. Right after the marriage of his sister.. And since then, it’s only been his mother and him.. A small, yet the sweetest family, though much lonely at times, when they both would crave for a little cacophony they used to enjoy while his father was alive.

But life, it meandering and never constant. Nothing probably lasts forever in life. Neither happiness, nor sadness. Sidharth, he had have his share of happiness and sadness both.. And  now, he was at a phase where he is just ok. Embraces what life had to offer, and just going by fine..

“ Still, I feel I just don’t give you much time you know.. Kaam and shooting and all, I feel I’m neglecting you.. Aap lonely toh feel nahi karte ho na ma?”
He asked, leaning on her lap. She smiled, stooping down and giving a peck on his forehead.. Her son had grown up, but at heart he was still the kid Sidharth who would roam around the whole day holding the end of her dupatta and always seeked her constant attention ..and she would end up giving all her attention to her son. Neetu being closer to her father, never really bothered.. And he kept on growing more closer to her. And when her husband had left them, it was only him and her.. Neetu was already married off.. And it was them and this entire eerie apartment. They would cry hugging each other for hours, cribbing the demise of his father, till the time she had to be strong and become the mother that she was.. That day, and today, she stood like a pillar to his life.. But kids, they grow up and then they need a different kind of affection.. But Sidharth, he would just not agree for that no matter how many times she would try to.

“ yes.. Lonely to feel karti hu.. Beta, shaadi kar le.. Why don’t you settle down Sid.. Bahu ayegi, akeli nahi rahungi.. I would have a companion too..”
She tried to talk and prod the topic of his marriage again.. And why wouldn’t she?? It’s a dream of every mother to see their children settle down and have a family of his own.. Neetu had settled down herself.. But Sidharth, he was so stubborn.. He would just not comply.. And her worries for her son would just not fade.

“ acha, to mai isliye shaadi kar lu taaki aap ko companion mil jaaye! Ek kaam karta hu nah, orphanage jaake ek ready made poti la deta hu aapko.. Aap bhi khush, aur main bhi.. Yehi objective hai nah finally, pehle shaadi fir bache, sahi hai.. Best idea I tell you..”
He mocked, earning a splat from his mother and winced as his skin stung.. She was getting older but still the strongest her that she was always..

“ Yaar Haa to ka zor wahi hai be aapka abhi bhi.. Itna strong.. Wow.. Mere peet peeche aap bhi mere dumbles utha te ho nah? Sach sach batana..”
He grimaced, rubbing his hands..

Beautiful Nightmareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें