3

When destiny plans, it strikes. Instantly, without a delay. It's blows us off in an instant. Paths get cleared and roads gets straighten on itself.

Shehnaaz had been looking for an apartment in Mumbai for so long. A comparatively affordable one. And a better place where her dignity wouldn't be ribbed each single day with scepticism.

But foremost, a place that gave her disrupted mind a sense of security. Not for herself. She's ruined. There's nothing more left within her to be robbed. But for her daughter. The constant evil eyes of that guard towards Dia, it had been getting the better of her peace of mind each day. And this was their home. This was supposed to be the safest place for them.

Yet, each time she would walk through the entrance of the society, her body would break into chills, everytime Keshav's dirty, filthy gaze would rake through the barriers kfbher clothes and Rio them off with just his eyes.

And she was ok with it. She knew how to deal with these rogues. But them Dia! Her heart would freak out everytime the mere possibility would rear it's ugly head inside her head.

What if she isn't around some day and Dia!!! No.... Never. She couldn't let an inch of her daughter be harmed. Not this heinous way.

Hence, her quest for a better place had started. And finally her prayers were met. Today!

" Are you sure of the security Shru! " She asked, going through the legal papers of the apartment as her friend swivels on the chair opposite to her. "

" Of course na baby. Tere security issues toh dadi amma k achar k issues se bhi jyada complicated hai. Kaise isko ignore karu bata! " Shruti sciffs from the other side.

" Dadi amma k achar issues kya hai be! " She asked, still engrossed into those thick bunches of papers. She seemed to be lucky though. The owner was vacating in a jiffy. He was resettling to the States. Job's call and giving out the flat for a humble affordable amount. A two bedroom flat in Andheri West, for the amount quoted, she did feel lucky indeed.

" Woh hote hai nah. Geela haathon se mat chu aacharya kharab ho jaani hai. Periods me mat chu sadh jaane hai. Bacha hua toh mat chu, achyut ho jana hai. K maano achaar nahi saala kismat ho gaya. Baar baat pe kharab! " Shruti scoffed again and the next, they both were howling on their sides, holding onto their stomach.

Such was their friendship. Pure and true. Shruti Ahuja, her on my friend in life. The only person she could call a family. Shruti came as a guiding star to her the day she had upturned her whole life and left Punjab..

Punjab.. And the name still brings out emotions in her heart that she would like to bury deep. Yet, some roots are dug much deeper than we contemplate.

So it was the day she was leaving Punjab with just a bag packed that she had net Shruti on the train. She was there to visit the Golden Temple with her own family. 6 years older to her, yet, they had connected instantly. Like soul sisters. She was studying psychology back then and Shehnaaz was....... Eloping..

Anyways, so she was from Mumbai, apparently the train's destination and they had connected and Shruti had been like her backbone since then. Holding up her string at her weakest of times, like the sister she had thought her to be. And with the passage of time, she became the guiding light of her life. Her and Dia's both. Someone without whom they would have been lost.

" Shru.. You and your sense of humour.. Crude. Very very crude.. " She huffed, slowing down in her mirth.

" Haa. Isiliye pet pakad kar hash rahi thi tab se. " Shruti scoffed. But she loved this girl. Shehnaaz was so headstrong. Like an inspiration for so many woman out there. Shruti was somewhat in awe of her courage. The true meaning of a woman she was.

Beautiful Nightmareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें