6 - BAKING STREAM (ft. spencer)

BROTHERS BESTFRIEND
a story by simpnanigans

"and you want me to help you bake a cake on your stream because YOU dont know how?" i groaned.

"yeah! plus, i think itd be fun for us. plus, chat would enjoy!" he smiled.

i rolled my eyes. "yeah, whatever. you set up your computer thingy and ill get everything out,"

"YES! THANK YOU!" he beamed, and got up to set up his PC.

i followed behind him into the kitchen. i wouldnt normally agree to this, but i had an idea.

i opened up the cabinet and grabbed the salt. i knew nick wouldnt be able to differentiate sugar and salt just by appearance, and since i keep both the salt and sugar in glass containers, he wouldnt be able to tell the difference by bag.

i placed the salt on our kitchen island. "heres the sugar," i smirked.

and then, as if my brain lit up, i got yet another genius idea.

i returned to the cabinet and grabbed my baking powder. i knew that, just like the sugar and salt, he wouldnt be able to tell baking powder from flour, so why not swap the two?

i put the so-called 'flour' next to the 'sugar', and opened up the fridge. theres not really much you can swap with eggs, butter, or milk, so i scrapped that idea.

however, we had a small bit of soy sauce left from when i made dinner the other night, so i grabbed the container and put it on the island next to the milk, butter, and eggs.

"whats that?" nick asked, peeking up from behind his computer.

"vanilla extract!" i smiled.

he made a little 'mm' sound and returned his focus to his computer.

"im ready whenever you are," he said.

"im ready," i said, placing some bowls and whisks on the counter.

"im live now," he said, and ran around the counter to stand next to me.

i smiled and waved while nick did his little introduction and explained what we'd be doing.

"okay, lets get started! spencer, what do we do first?" he asked, looking over at me.

"we should mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, so to do it faster ill do the wet and you do the dry?" i suggested.

he nodded and grabbed a bowl, the 'flour', and the 'sugar', and started to carefully mix them.

i, however, wanted to make a complete mess out of the kitchen.

i grabbed an egg and cracked it over his head, watching as it dripped down the sides of his face.

"SPENCER!" he shouted, jumping back and trying to get the egg out of his hair.

"you cant really expect me to be in the same room as you and eggs and NOT crack one on your head," i chuckled.