Ember Island: Part 2

Zuko's POV
"Why didn't you tell those guys who we were?"

My sister glanced over at me from where she was sat eating her dinner, "I guess I was intrigued. I'm so used to people worshiping us."

Ty Lee jumped in, "they should!"

"Yes, I know, and I love it. But for once, I just wanted to see how people would treat us if they didn't know who we were."

Li and Lo then took turns in speaking in metaphors again, Mai and I glanced at each other, unamused.

"Like waves washing away the footprints on the sand. Ember Island gives everyone a clean slate. Ember Island reveals the true you. To the party!"

Y/N trailed behind us as my sister knocked on the door.

"Uh... you're a little early, no one's here yet."

My sister responded, "I heard you telling someone you'd be partying from dusk till dawn, it's dusk, so we're here."

"But that's just an expression."

"We are the perfect party guests. We arrive right on time, because we are very punctual."

He shrugged and gestured for us to follow him inside, Y/N ran ahead to whisper something to Ty Lee and they both started giggling before Chan explained, "alright, listen, my dad's an admiral, he has no idea I'm having this party so don't mess anything up."

And my sister replied, "that's a sharp outfit, Chan... careful. You could puncture the hull of an empire-class Fire Nation battleship, leaving thousands to drown at sea. Because it's so sharp."

He slowly nodded, "umm... thanks?"

The other guy, Ruon Jian was stood in front of his mirror, playing with his dumb hair as he turned around, "hey! First ones here, huh?"

I rolled my eyes and turned to Mai, "tch. He thinks he's so great... well, what do you think of him?"

"I don't have any opinion about him. I hardly know him."

"You like him, don't you?"

Mai let out an irritated sigh before picking up speed and catching up with Y/N and Ty Lee. But Y/N lagged back and placed her hand on my shoulder, "Zuko, you need to chill out."

"What are you talking about?"

She lowered her voice to a near whisper, "I just heard your conversation with Mai, you're just gonna make her mad by acting like that."

"By acting like what!?"

She flicked my forehead, "don't play dumb, you know exactly what I'm talking about."

I rubbed my head and muttered, "ow..." as she lightly jogged back over to Mai and Ty Lee.

Mai and I were sat together by the wall for most of the party, I searched the room for Y/N, who was on the other side of the room, laughing with some random guys and sharing snacks with them.

"I'm bored."

Without looking away, I mumbled back to Mai, "I know."

"I'm hungry."

"So, what?"

"So, find me some food."

I sighed and glanced over at her, "sure."

I turned back to where Y/N was stood, but she had disappeared, along with those guys she was talking to. Not that I cared who she was with, anyway.