Team Avatar

Zuko's POV
We woke up to the sound of an explosion.

Aang was already up, running towards the source, and from beneath the temple emerged three Fire Nation air ships.

He closed the protective doors around us, but the ceiling still crumbled above us.

Just as Katara was about to be crushed, I dove towards her and pulled her out of the way.

"What are you doing!?"

"Keeping rocks from crushing you."

"Okay, I'm not crushed, you can get off me now!"

She shoved me away and jumped back up as I muttered, "I'll take that as a thank you."

Toph and Haru opened a tunnel in the wall of the temple, she shouted back to the group, "come on, we can get out through here!"

Everyone ran in but I stayed put.

As Aang tried to pull Appa through the tunnel, he noticed me and yelled, "what are you doing!?"

I turned to him, "go ahead, I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit."

I ran towards the attackers as Aang called after me, "Zuko, no!"

I threw a flaming punch towards one of the airships and out from below me emerged Azula, on another airship, manically smiling down at me.

"What are you doing here!?"

"You mean it's not obvious yet? I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!"

She swung her legs down sending a stream of blue flames at me, throwing me backwards.

I sprinted to the edge of the crumbling temple and leapt at the air ship, throwing fire at my sister whilst I did.

But I didn't make the jump.

Almost as if on cue, Y/N swept in on her glider and caught me on the back, saving me from what could've been a tragedy .

As we landed on the roof of one of the other airships, Y/N yelled, "Azula, what are you doing!?"

But Azula didn't take her eyes off me, she threw a massive stream of flames at me and I dodged it as Y/N screamed, "Azula, don't make me do this!"

My sisters eyes filled with this insane type of rage that I'd never seen before, she got ready to strike Y/N as she screamed, "YOU'RE STILL TOO WEAK, Y/N! STANDING THERE LIKE YOU'RE UNTOUCHABLE WHEN I COULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW! IT'S FUNNY WHEN THE PEOPLE YOU TRUSTED STAB YOU IN THE BACK, ISN'T IT!?"

Y/N held gilder open, staring coldly back at my sister, "go on, then. I dare you."

"Y/N, NO!"

She smiled, not moving her eyes from my sister as she assured me, "don't worry, I've fought more fire benders in my life than you could imagine."

As Azula began to release flames at Y/N over and over, she didn't even use her glider to dodge; she actually used it to jump over onto the airship that my sister stood on. She was dancing around her attacks like it was second nature to her.

I'd never seen Y/N in combat with a fire bender, I wasn't sure if I had actually watched her fight anyone before.

I'd also never watched another person have the upper hand in a fight against my sister, except Katara back in the crystal catacombs, and Y/N was making fighting my sister look like child's play.

Azula was falling backwards and Y/N yelled back at me, "Zuko! Get out of here, I'll be right behind you!"

I took the chance I had to jump over to the airship that she was on and yelled back, "I'm not leaving without you!"