Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Once the bell rang Sapphire practically sprang up from her chair and grabbed her stuff. She didn't even bother putting on her bag as she started to make her way to door, but was stopped when someone pulled her from the back of her shirt.

"What the f*ck?! Prissy boy!",Sapphire exclaims with wide eyes. What the hell was he doing?

"I hope you didn't forget what I told your father Sapphire Birch",Ruby says with a small playful smirk.

"Yeah, that was for this class! The next one is gym battles practice, I don't need ya!",Sapphire says narrowing her eyes at him.

"That's too bad, because I need you. Now come on, we have lunch before the next class.",He says dragging her along.

"HAAH? HeY LET GO RIGHT NOW YA PRICK!",Sapphire shouted, practically waving her arms around. She could easily hurt this kid if she wanted to, pick him up and throw him-

But she won't, she's already in enough trouble as it is..

Ruby probably knew as much and is taking advantage of her more calm and lenient manner, that damned rat!

"Anyway, the cafeteria is this way. You should learn the way right now since you'll be eating with me.",Ruby says as he kept taking her along with him.

"What?! I already have someone to eat with!",Sapphire says frowning. Lisia and Sapphire always ate together when possible, so it was obvious they'd be eating together during their lunch.

"Great, they can join us then. You're still stuck with me.",Ruby says shrugging.

"Why would anyone want to join ya?",Sapphire grumbles with a glare to the black haired boy.

"Trust me, too many girls want to join me.",He says shaking his head. Despite what he said, he didn't seem too happy about his own words.

Sapphire wanted to ask why, but she decided not to. It's his business, and they're not friends.

"Sapphire?",A familiar voice from behind called after her.

"Lisia!",Sapphire grins trying to over to her quickly, but was again yanked back by Ruby. "WILL YA QUIT DOIN' THAT?",she barks.

"Maybe if you're behave.",Ruby says but does let go of her anyway.

Lisia gave him a quizzical look before walking over to Sapphire, gently holding her shoulders. "Are you okay Sapph?",she asks gently.

"Of coz'!",Sapphire says with a grin.

Lisia simply smiled and nodded before looking at Ruby. Was it just Sapphire or..did Ruby and Lisia not like each other?

She swears she saw lightning cackle between the two as soon as their eyes met.

That's was weird though, they're the attractive people of the school, you'd think they'd be attracted to each other, sort of like and prince and princess.

'Prince and princess? Get real Sapphire.' The small brunette thinks with a sigh. Now she's thinking useless things because of these two.

Though it's true, Lisia and Ruby could be considered the prince and princess of this school.

"Ruby, was it? Thank you for looking after Sapphire in her first class, but I can look after her from here.",Lisia says sweetly yet firmly.

"Oh really? That's nice, but see..I've already promised her father I'd be taking care of her after she got herself in trouble.",Ruby says just as sweetly, but with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"So I'm going to keep my promise.",Ruby says grabbing Sapphire's wrist.

"Sapphire is fine with me though, thank you very much, but I've been looking after her for years.",Lisia says with a small huff, grabbing Sapphire's other hand.

"What?",Sapphire says blankly. She blinks multiple times, once, twice, thrice.. were ..these two fighting over her?!

"Looking after her? Weren't you supposed to be looking after her yesterday when she got in trouble?",Ruby asks raising an eyebrow.

"You-!",Lisia huffs with a small embarrassed blush on her cheeks.

"ENOUGH!",Sapphire shouts. The cafeteria turned to them for a moment, before laughter filled the room again and they went back to what they were doing.

"Why are ya two fightin' over me like I'm not here?! I'm my own person damn it, I can make my own decisions!",Sapphire says narrowing her eyes at the two.

If Ruby and Lisia were dogs their ears would be drooping right now, and their tails would be low. They looked sad at having been scolded, even if she's right.

"Arceus ya two are unbelievable! I'm leavin' im not hungry anymore.",Sapphire says turning away from them.

"Wait Sapph we can-",Lisia begins but Sapphire gives her a look, making Lisia visibly deflate. "..okay."

And that's how Sapphire left the cafeteria, having scolded her two "puppies" in public like that.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"I think you were being harsh.",Crystal says gently. Crystal was Sapphire's senior by a year, and is someone Sapphire quickly befriended when the girl stormed into the empty classroom grumbling out curses.

Of course, Crystal at first reprimanded her for the crude language before she asked what had her saying such things, to which after apologizing, Sapphire went ahead and explained what happened.

"Harsh?! Those two were talkin' bout me like I ain't there!",Sapphire scowls, tapping her foot on the floor angrily. She didn't like that decisions were being made for her, she wasn't a child, she could do just fine by herself!

"Well, from what you've told me it seems you're not exactly reliable by yourself Sapph. Professor Birch was promised by Ruby he'd care for you, and Lisia is just worried about you. I think you were harsh.",Crystal says gently yet sternly. The way she said it made it seem like she was scolding Sapphire, but at the same time giving her friendly advice.

Sapphire narrowed her eyes at the floor, her foot tapping angrily against the marble before she glanced up. "I know they're just worried- but I'd at least like it they'd get my input on sh*t first!",she says crossing her arms.

Crystal winced when Sapphire cursed, earning a small "sorry" from the brunette. Crystal sighed with a soft smile. "Listen, I know you want your thoughts to be considered too, and thats perfectly reasonable, but you have to understand that you yourself aren't all that reasonable Sapph. It's why others have to make decisions for you. Show that you can do it yourself, think clearly with a level head.",Crystal says before grabbing a small plastic bag from her school bag.

She handed the bag to Sapphire along with a small box of milk. "Here, I'm pretty sure you didn't eat at lunch considering how early it was when you came here.",she says smiling.

Sapphire grabbed the bag and milk, noticing that the plastic bag was just a wrapper for some melon bread.

"Thanks..",Sapphire mumbles as she stared at the food in her hands. She didn't want to admit it but- Crystal was right. Maybe she was a bit too harsh. Granted, Sapphire felt she had every right to be angry.

That much wouldn't change-

But she did know she wasn't exactly the most reasonable person out there. Is that really why people had to make decisions for her? She could try being a little calmer- if not, then at least do as Crystal says, think with a level head.

As if to confirm her determination, Sapphire ripped the plastic off the melon bread before she started eating happily, swallowing down a piece of the crunchy like exterior of the soft bread. Sapphire knew she could never be a calmer person- but, that didn't mean she couldn't try to be more level headed.

Crystal watched her junior with a small smile, her eyes twinkling in satisfaction, she knew that Sapphire was determined to change, even if it was a little.