Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Meetings

"So this is the professor's daughter? How utterly disappointing",A blonde girl huffed, her high pitched voice cut the air like a blade.

Sapphire turned and looked at her then narrowed her eyes. Oh great, it's another kid who's going to rile her up and get her kicked out again. It's okay though, she'll stay calm. She can stay calm.

The girl was pretty, Sapphire will admit that much. She was small, bright green eyes and red cheeks that show she was wearing very little makeup and she still managed to look amazing. Her uniform was the same as Sapphire's, especially that damn small skirt that had Sapphire resort to wearing lycra shorts underneath to keep her undergarments from being exposed.

"Of course, she'd look just like her scruffy father.",The girl sneered again, this time turning her nose up and away from Sapphire, acting like if Sapphire was a bad smell that went away only if you turn away.

Sapphire gave the girl a blank look. Underneath however, she was seething. Sapphire can be called many things, untidy, dirty, hot-headed, a harlot, anything, call her anything and she wouldn't care. But no one, absolutely no one, gets to judge her parents based on their appearance because they had so much more to offer than some damn fancy clothes.

"Do you think she can even understand you?",one of the girls besides the blonde asked. The blonde simply rolled her eyes. "Of course not, she's filthy and stupid, she probably doesn't even know we're talking about her. Her parents must've done a horrible job at raisi-"

That was it.

"Scuse' me, I'm new here an' I just want'ta ask, who the hell are ya?",Sapphire asked tilting her head to the side, and innocent smile splayed on her lips. On the inside that anger soon turned into a river of pleasure as she saw the group of girl's faces turn into shock. The blonde looked horrified.

"How dare YOU!?",The blonde shrieked. "How can you not know me!? My father gives a lot of money to this school, I can get you expelled with he blink of an eye-!!"

"Then why don't ya?",Sapphire asked walking forward. The shocked silence answered her question. The blonde's father wasn't spoiling her as much as the girl would like.

Sapphire leaned down a bit and was now looking at the blonde in the eyes. "Let me put it simply for ya, hun', you stay outta m' way, and I'll stay outta yer's"

The girl gasped, almost sounding like she's choking on her own saliva. Her face quickly burned red and Sapphire looked behind her to see her goons laughing at their leader's red face.

That laughter was cut off by a harsh SLAP! and then what followed were gasps and silence.

Sapphire blinked a couple of times, then she felt her cheek sting. Why did it sting? Why was the blonde staring at her in shock and anger.

Ah

Sapphire got slapped.

The next thing Sapphire knew, she was chasing after the blonde, hearing her wailing and cries for help as they ran around the front of the school and started running towards more secluded places.

Sapphire was driven by pure anger, and once she saw a chance, she took it. She lunged forward and tackled the girl, causing the blonde to face the ground first. That may cause a bruised lip and cheek.

Sapphire didn't care, she just cared about causing the girl underneath her to hurt, and she kept doing so by pushing the girl's face down harsher into the dirt. There were cries of shock surrounding her and call her crazy, but Sapphire swears she had caught a whiff freshly cut roses while she was running. The school didn't have many roses nearby, it wasn't even the appropriate time of the year to grow roses.