Chapter 1 - What about a bodyguard?

Florence Apartment
Florence POV

Ever since it was announced that I would be playing Yelena Belova in the upcoming Marvel film Blackwidow, press and paparazzi have become a lot more hectic then I'd like, so much so I had a black tinted car follow me home last week.

Luckily my driver managed to lose him at the end but ever since I've been really anxious and scared that something like it or worse will happen again.

So here I am in my apartment sitting on the couch with Billie as Im on the phone to my siblings on a group FaceTime call ranting to them about how scared I am and ask what I should do.

"Why not wait them out? you know like wait till the all clear then do your where abouts or whatever you do" my little sister Rafaela suggests making us all roll our eyes.

"What? I haven't heard any of you morons come up with anything" she says with her usual sas.

I sigh heavily as I run my hand down my face, my anxiety with this all is becoming really overbearing and I hate it, I hate being in a bad mood all the time.

"Flo why don't you just ask the agency to figure something out about schedule and timing that way you can get about with ease and not need to worry?" My older sister Arabella suggests.

"It wouldn't change anything, I don't think you guys actually understand how big of a deal this Marvel film is, not only will I be working with Scarlett Johansson, but it's a Marvel movie, which means press, talkshows, news, even all social media will be talking about this. Marvel is a really big deal so whoever is playing any sort of character and not to mention a sister to an already huge character, will receive a lot of attention" I sigh out my worry and frustration as billie climbs into my lap sensing my mood and gives me kisses.

They all take a moment clearly taking in my words before my older brother Toby speaks up.

"What about a bodyguard?" He suggests.

A bodyguard? Why hasn't that came across my mind. "Like a personal bodyguard?" Arabella asks.

"Yeah some actors I've worked along side with had some, they turned out really helpful, maybe you could call up an agency?"Toby shares.

"Ooh imagine if they're hot" Rafaela says getting all excited.

I roll my eyes playfully and laugh at her excitement.

"I don't know, wouldn't it be weird to have someone babysitting me all the time?" I say out loud trying to get a second opinion on it.

"I think that it's a good idea actually, that way you can still have your own schedule and do the things you'd normally do whilst feeling safe about it" Arabella says her input.

"Plus they might be hot" Rafaela buts in again.

"It doesn't matter if their hot or not, it would be strictly professional right? I wouldn't even be friends with them" I inform them but still ponder the question in my head.

"So you'll do it?" Toby asks as I'm thinking.

It would be really good to have the sense of safety during the day and who knows, I might just make a new friend.

"Ok, I'm gonna go look at some security agencies the now. Thank you for talking with me guys, i miss you all" I say getting ready to end the call.

"We miss you too and call us when you get things sorted" Arabella says.

"Of course, I love you guys" I smile at my brother and sisters.

"We love you too" They say in unison.

I say a last goodbye and hang up, I let out a big sigh as Billie starts to lick my cheek making me smile and giggle.

"I know bubba, mamas gonna get a bodyguard huh?" I coo at my baby before placing a kiss on her forehead.

I then get up and go to my office and find my laptop before bringing it back into the living room plopping back down on the couch as I open it up to start my bodyguard hunt.

I text my agent Curtis to ask about it and he says that it's a great idea and that he would feel much better about it too knowing I had better protection.

He ends up sending me a few links to different websites that the talent agency uses, but of course as soon as I saw the crown security solutions link, which is a uk security firm, I had to click it.

I'm still living in London for now before I pack up and leave for filming, so if I can get a bodyguard who's also from here it would be amazing to have another Brit there with me.

I send an email to the advisor with mine and my agents phone number before finalising a few more details before sending my request.

I sigh happily that it's all done and close my laptop before turning my tv on to continue to watch friends for the eighteenth time.

I wonder who I'll get, I wonder if their nice and that I can make a new friend, but maybe I'll get some old boring guy, or maybe I'll get a girl.

Either way I spent the rest of the night thinking about my soon to be bodyguard...

———————————————————————
Well here it is, hope you like the start of this book, I haven't seen any Florence books before so I wanted to have a go.

Anyway I have a quick question because i actually don't know a lot about Flo, so I was wondering if I got it right that her dog Billie is a girl, if not could one of you guys let me know.

Also those who read (The Only One) I'll try to get that out soon I promise 😊

Cee ya beautiful sexy people later ;)