Chapter 2 - My Top Veteran...

Y/N Apartment
Y/N POV

I groan into my pillow when I hear my phone going off on my nightstand, I sigh heavily and reach over with my eyes still shut due to being so overly tired from the restless night.

My nights are always restless now, I'm either too scared to sleep and get the same recurring nightmare again, or I find it too difficult to actually fall asleep due to the stupid ptsd pills I have to take.

Now don't get me wrong, sometimes I feel like they work, but on any other day I still feel like I'm in this same timeframe whilst everyone else is moving around me and getting on with their lives, whilst I constantly feel like I'm drowning in mine.

I scramble around to try and answer the phone not even seeing who it is "Hello?" I say with my head falling back into the pillow.

"Hey Y/L/N, sorry to wake you up this early, we just got a call in for a high security offer and you got the top description" My boss informs me.

After retiring and receiving my medal of Good conduct, I was offered to be in The queens Royal trust, which is a division for those who served to be listed as noble veterans.

So when a high level of security is needed, I'm in the top list to be trusted and requested for any service.

"Alright, who for?" I ask with my voice still groggy due to just waking up.

"I know your normally requested for higher ranking cases but after reading over this file I didn't think anyone would be better for this job than you" He compliments.

"Just tell me who it is Mike?" I say knowing fine well it's probably for some young celeb by what he's saying.

"The young actress Florence Pugh has put in a request for a yearly contract for a personal bodyguard" He informs me and I groan at the information.

It's not that I hate celebrities, it's just I hate how snobby and fake they can all be.

"I don't know Mike" I say not really liking the sound of this offer.

"I know it's a little under your skill set and ranking, but it's a great pay day considering the high contract she put in" He tries to persuade me.

I do need the money, considering it's my little sisters wedding coming up next year and I'm paying for it since both our parents are dead.

I have always been there for her for whatever she needs, but at some point along the way I lost myself and decided to rebuild and join the Royal Marines.

It meant that I had to leave her behind, after never leaving her side for years I left her, and worst part is I was away when we got the call our parents had died.

Sure enough my unit allowed me to visit home, but only for the funeral since I was drafted out to seas.

She says she forgives me and that she understands I had no choice, but a part of me will always feel like she sees less of me now, that I abandoned her in a time where she really needed me.

Thankfully after retiring, we rekindled along the way, but nothing will ever be the same before I left.

"How much more pay?" I ask beginning to be curious.

"The annual contract states for Uk veterans at your rank, to get payed 500 a day which makes your annual payday at 146,000" He informs me and I instantly sit up.

"146K a year?!" I asked completely shocked.

"Yup, and not to mention the pre-funding you'll get when needed to fly or stay at hotels" He informs me as I turn to the side of my bed letting my feet touch the cold wooden floor.

"What about housing? I assume as an actress she'll be flying out?" I ask now definitely intrigued and wanting to milk up this offer as much as I can.

"That will be informed when she confirms her new contract that will allow you to have all access to her personal security, which means knowing her emergency details, her living address and billing details to know if needed to buy a housing near by" He tells me and a nod along even though he can't see.

"I wouldn't choose anyone else for this job Y/L/N, I read her file and she needs a well trusted employer, and who better than my top veteran herself" He says trying to soften me up to agree.

I take a moment to take in all that he said, this would be perfect I'd get the money I need to pay for my sisters wedding, and I'd get the top funding for travelling which I love to do.

The only problem there is, she's a celebrity.

"So? What do you say?" He asks after moment of silence.

"When do I start?" I accept...

———————————————————————
Sorry for long wait guys I didn't have any motivation for this story and if I had force myself to write it, I would of hated it and it would of turned out crap.

Anyway, I'm not saying this is in full swing for updates, but I'd thought I'd try it out for now since I felt inspired.
Also quick side note I'm literally making all this up as I go along, so all the veteran, royal marine, medal stuff is all made up 😅

Cee ya beautiful sexy people later ;)