You, me, the cashmere

// a brightwin very short fic wherein Bright engulfs Win in the warmth of his little gestures of love, like a cashmere in cold. //

...

"Thank god phi bright you're here" Mick says opening the door after bright walks in, a frown of worry lining his forehead.

"What is he doing?" He asks.

Mick says, "sleeping or pretending to sleep, I guess you'll find out. Phi didn't tell me anything. But I made sure he took all meals."

Bright smiles, half apologetically and half gratefully but Mick senses and waves his hand dismissively. 

"Ai phi Bright, you don't have to worry na. He is my brother after all. Even if you didn't ask me to, I'd have come around anyway."

After Mick leaves, Bright loosens his attire, relaxing a little before sliding the door of Win's bedroom slowly, afraid that the younger one will wake up. The room is dark and Bright lets it be like that and carefully crawls in bed, spooning Win from behind and pulling the duvet up.

"Baby?" He whispers, "you're awake, right?"

Win nods, though still faced away from Bright. He asks if he's okay to which Win replies by pulling Bright's hand and resting it on his own stomach and Bright instinctively or by habit, gently caresses his skin.

Win relaxes in his touch, Bright could tell.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Bright asks and Win utters a barely audible no.

Bright hums and kisses his nape, snuggling closer.

A minute passes and Win slowly turns around, searching for Bright's face in the darkness and when his hand lands on his forehead, he brushes his hair off. 

"Did you eat?" He asks, his voice gruffy and Bright cups Win's face that feels damp against his warm hands.

Bright sighs, "oh baby..you don't have to keep it to yourself, you know?"

Win smiles, for the first time in the day, pecking Bright's lips so he knows that Win is fine.

How couldn't he, lying in the arms of his lover who's seen him at his worst.

And yet, stayed.

"I know" Win says, "later, may be?"

Bright says okay and they kiss again, slowly and with love, both basking in the intimate comfort they know will make everything better. And harder days will come but they too shall pass, unlike their love that feels warm and cozy and safe like being naked on a cashmere.

The end 🤍💚