You, me, together 🖤🤍

// a bw short fic wherein Win invited Bright in his sister's wedding and celebrates his birthday

// a bw short fic wherein Win invited Bright in his sister's wedding and celebrates his birthday.// (😭😭❤️❤️)

Of course I had to write about this.
....

Bright smiled as his favorite name flashed on his phone screen.

"Hi babe, having fun without me?" He pretended to sulk which he failed at miserably because Win giggled at the other side and that felt honey to his ears.

"A lot" Win teased, "when are you getting off from work?"

"So now you remember me, huh" Bright pouted even though Win couldn't see him, "you didn't even text me the whole day."

"I was busy in preparations. It's a big day for me, after all."

Bright smiled, "I'm so happy for phi Ming. I wonder how must it feel to spend the rest of your life with someone you love."

Saying that, Bright bit his lower lip and squinted his eyes as a sudden nervousness erupted in his belly in a sweet anticipation of what Win must reply to it. And one can't blame him, really. They hadn't seen each other in a couple days and Bright was secretly hoping Win would at least spare some time for his birthday. Not that Bright would ask him. He didn't want the other to face the dilemma of choosing between family and his boyfriend, especially on such important event.

Win said, "alright, I have to go. See you at evening?"

Bright's heart sank and the pout jumped back to his lips.

"Okay, love you babe" Bright slowly whispered and Tu squealed her fangirl scream somewhere at a distance.

...

Win was biting his nails before his mother walked up to him, a knowing smile playing on her lips.

"You nervous?" She asked.

Win could only nod, smiling bashfully.
..

Bright was standing in a corner, watching the newly wedded couple dance as the others busied themselves as well. His heart was still racing fast and the scarlet hues never left his cheeks, instead sharpened when a certain someone nudged his shoulder from behind.

"You've been smiling all this time like an idiot. My friends are teasing me, you know that?"

Bright shrugged, "how would I know? I'm busy processing that my boyfriend just introduced me to his entire family and friends and even threw a birthday party for me."

Win flushed, shaking his head fondly.

"They adore you." he stated. 

"Thank god they do" bright sighed in relief, earning a chuckle from the other.

They stayed silent, watching how the bride and groom were laughing, love ringing in their happy voices.

Win said, "earlier you said that you wonder what it'd be like to spend your life with someone you love."

"What about it?" Bright asked.

"I wonder about it too" Win confessed, looking into Bright's eyes, "let's find it out together?"

Bright's smile widened and he enterwined their fingers together, fireworks exploding in their hearts in all the colours of the beautiful dreams they share.

"Yes, together."

The end 🤍🖤