The things love could do to you

"You love her, don't you?"

Takashi nodded.

"Well, she doesn't love you! She only sees you as a friend, a brother," Miya shouted.

"I know," Takashi smiled.

"Ok, well, you're clearly looking for some kind of love and-," Miya sighed, "can't you just fall in love with me already?"

Takashi scoffed, "it's not that easy."

"Taka- im right here. I've always been here. I have been in love with you for so fucking long," the boy was desperate, "can't you see me? Can't you notice me and see me as something, anything, other than a childhood best friend?"

The brunette sighed, "like i said, it's not that easy."

"Is it? Because last time i checked it was easy enough for you to fall for Akio Sato," Miya retorted.

Takashi was growing impatient, "i would fall in love with you if i could," he revealed. "But i just can't."

"Why can't you?," the other boy mumbled as he tried his best not to cry.

"I'm in love with Akio wether you like it or not, and i don't think it'll change anytime soon," Takashi said as he left Miya in front of that cafe they always go to.

The brunette was already a few meters away from Miya when Miya finally spoke again, "then i'll wait," he told him as a few tears escaped his eyes, "i'll wait until you stop loving her."

"And what if it takes a hundred years?"

"Then i'll wait a hundred years," the short skateboarder gave Takashi a small smile, "i'll wait for as long as i need to just for you to finally love me."

"Gosh, Miya. You really are in love with me, huh?," Taka said, more to himself than to the other boy. "Just move on already," he suggested. "There are so many people out there who would love to go out with you," he looked down at the floor, "don't waste your tears on me."

"I said i would wait."

"You don't have to wait."

"But i want to."

"Ok, then you do you. I don't even care anymore. Get your heart broken if that's what you want for what i care."

"I'll get my heart broken a million times if that's what it takes for you to love me," Miya said.

"Come on, Chinen! Stop saying cheesy stuff! That's not like you," Takashi joked and smiled as the cat looking boy giggled.

Gosh, the things love could do to you.