the edit

A/N: bro i love sabrina carpenter's album sm, ive been listening to it on repeat since it was released.

Anyways, (kind of) important stuff about this oneshot: Takashi is a famous skateboarder (so are the others) and they all live together. Miya is 19, Takashi is 20, Reki and Langa are 22. The others are their canon ages.

When i wrote this, it was rlly late and I also didn't proof read so expect a few typos 🫶

reki: *sends a link*
reki: heres your early christmas present

miya: ??
miya: an edit of takashi?

Miya curiously clicks on the link and he is left completely breathless during those 20 seconds of repeating clips of past performances of Takashi. He sure as hell likes the edit (he won't ever admit it to anyone, though).

Miya felt his face become pink, as if he had a fever. It was, noticeably, becoming hotter and hotter in the room. Theres no way this edit if Takashi is doing this to him, right? He doesnt like guys, only girls, right? Yeah. Yeah, he definitely does.

He heard his phone beep.

reki: so? How does it make u feel?

miya: just go to sleep its 3 in the fucking morning

reki: avoiding the question huh

Miya rolled his eyes, although Reki was in another room and certainly couldnt see him.

Miya has never really wanted or enjoyed watching their friend group's performances, but after seeing that edit, he couldn't help but want to watch every single video Takashi was in.

The teenager couldn't stop himself, he was already on tiktok, searching up his friend's edit and watching the edits that appeared. He felt his breathing become uneven again and the room becoming uncomfortably warm again. What the hell was Taka doing to him?

15 minutes passed, he was still stuck on the same edit, since it seemed like he couldn't take his eyes off such a beautiful and mesmerizing person. Miya felt guilty for feeling this way about his best friend, but no matter what Miya did, these feelings never went away. He tried everything in his power to make them go away, and it never worked. No girls have ever made him feel like this, and it's absolutely confusing him.

Miya decided that he had enough, that he might aswell get some rest and think about all this some other time.

———

When Miya went to quietly make himself breakfast (like he normally would), Reki decided to annoy him.

"Just admit it, dude," the younger whined, "you like Takashi."

"Shut up," Miya mumbled.

"What is Miya supposed to admit?," Joe asked, sliding into the conversation.

"That he's gay and deeply, deeply, in love with Takashi." Reki answered.

"I am not gay, and i certainly do not have feelings for my best friend," Miya denied, sending a deadly glare towards Reki.

"Stop being so dense," Joe said, "its clear to everyone except for you and Takashi that you like Takashi."

Actually, Miya knew that these feelings were romantic (because of that edit, pfft), but he was never really in the mood to try figuring out what that meant for him. It stressed him out too much. Plus, admitting to Reki Kyan that he was down bad for Takashi didn't seem like a great option to him. That would most probably lead to even more endless teasing.