𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

     HANAMIYA WAS CONFUSED

the mischievous man had no recollection of agreeing to playing the piano during the ball, and especially not as a trio with the princess and akashi.

so why was he here repeatedly playing the major and minor scales from one end of the piano to the other?

     "oh my, your highness is too kind! please, you're going to make my frail little heart cease to beat", baroness hanamiya — the mother of the hanamiya makoto — laughed.

"not at all, baroness. and please, just call me aisa. after all, it's the least that I could do for you two, when hanamiya's doing his best to protect me", aisa charmingly smiled.

     "how could I possibly refer to your highness by your first name? and that's just part of makoto's job. in fact, please use him as you please; don't hesitate to lecture him from time to time", hanamiya minori encouraged.

     "mother!"

     "makoto, keep practicing! you will not embarrass duke akashi's son and her highness during the ball", minori reprimanded.

hanamiya clicked his tongue as he bitterly continued to play the piano, suddenly remembering why he was doing this shit.

'that bitch! who would've thought that she'd use my mother to force me to do this. at this point, I might as well just torment both her and the empress'.

"sorry for his stubbornness, your highness. I assure you that he'll come around", minori promised.

"once again, I'd very much prefer if baroness would just call me by my first name. and as for hanamiya...I'm not too worried about him", aisa lightly chuckled.

'oh just you wait!', hanamiya internally raged.

minori hesitated a bit, as she sighed in defeat once she saw how persistent aisa was.

     "then...aisa...is that okay?", the dark-haired woman shyly muttered out, causing aisa to clap her hands in appreciation.

     "of course! baroness, I'm so glad that you've finally put down my title. sometimes it gets a bit hard to get close to people because of it...", aisa said, feigning distress.