[•] After The Ashes [•] chpt. 1 [A:F/R]

[============] [============]

Disclaimer: This is my first time writing fanfiction please don't expect too much.

[============] [============]

A mission was given to me, by the elder. And That was to find our missing tribesmen upon the great stone tower that lies in the seas of the unknown, to where the dragon lies. With great vigor and with a heavy heart, so forth I went out to the seas of the unknown to find my fellow missing tribesmen.

That... That was a long time ago the path of reaching the lone tower was both difficult and demanding to my mortal body, traversing different worlds, making new companions, and discovering both new and old wonders of the broken world. While it was eventful all things must come to an end while I did find him, but. He was not the same person that I once knew, he fell into the madness of the root. His reasoning was all but blinded, he was a broken man. And a soul beyond saving, all I could do was to put an end to his torment.

The battle with him was all but difficult an endless horde of mobs, and his endless barrage of attacks made the battle even harder. But in the end, even with powers beyond normal realms, he fell at my mercy, with a loud shriek he fell I got closer to where he fell and readied a bullet for the finishing blow but I couldn't do it I looked at his motionless body and asked myself "no there has to be another way, I- I don't want to do it" I hesitated to pull my gun down and looked away, then I felt a hand grabbing my boot I didn't look but I knew what was to come. with his last remaining willpower, he said to me weakly "p-please d-do it, I don't w-want this anymore, p-please do it." I returned my gaze to him, I had to face the reality taking a deep breath I readied my 'hunting pistol' and aimed it at his head "I hope you can rest, in the afterlife brother." I said, He mustered a small smile I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. I fell to my knees and started crying but was interrupted by an explosion within the tower. I quickly stood up not before looking at my brother one last time "I'm sorry" and quickly ran to safety.

Looking behind me and as the lone tower fell to the sea below, slowly sighed and looked forwards and rowed back to the mainland and set off to find the source of the root and put an end to this madness. While My search led me to another world though this isn't my first time traversing a different world, this one was different it wasn't completely covered by the root. While this world is still 'free' from the root I wasn't here to explore the place.

And sure enough, I found him.

Harsgaard the man who started all this all. The very man who started the dreamer project, and the man who was the very reason for all of the chaos that has befallen this world.

The battle with Harsgaard was a difficult one, but I was able to slay him for good. But in his dying breath, he said " The root, will not stop it will always find a way to come back. For where there is life the root will always come. " I replied, " wherever the root goes there is always someone to stop it."
He chuckled " if You truly believe that, then you are a fool among fools " with a scowl on my face I pulled the trigger, and with that, he was finally dead.

After the battle with Harsgaard and barely escaping the explosions, I have temporarily stopped the root from devouring another world in its hands. Though I bout it will hinder them from trying to come back here, at least I bought time to rebuild from the root and be better prepared for the next invasion.

After all of that I still carried the mission that was tasked to me long ago, I returned to my tribe and told them what has befallen our missing fellow tribesmen, They were sad and wept at the loss of a fellow tribesman and gave him the title of hero. We mourned his death and moved on, but his story doesn't end there. It will be told in bedtime stories for children to admire and fantasize about. And maybe give birth to a new story, a new hero but that isn't a story that I am about to tell.

But I felt empty, I have done great things during my time of venture in search of our missing tribesmen. Faced many evils, made acquaintances, made allies that I could trust with my life, and traveled to different worlds. But there has been a hole in my heart that I can't seem to fill, I fulfilled my mission but I still yearn for more.

I've decided to find a new mission for me to fulfill, a new purpose for me to find.

I was about to set out for a new adventure Before I left. I asked the elder "When will my adventure end?" I asked. the elder replied, "it is you who will choose when your adventure ends, for it's you who writes it, not I".

With a heavy heart I looked behind me and saw my fellow tribesmen looking at me some waving at me goodbye, I smiled and waved back, and went out for a new adventure without a purpose, but will I find a new purpose in this new adventure only time will tell.

[============] [============]

Months passed in a blink of an eye, since this new adventure of mine started, and yet. I still couldn't find a purpose for this adventure. I've passed continents, ruined cities, and other settlements, and met new people, and yet I still didn't have a purpose.

Time has passed in years of my life passed but yet I have not aged. I've roamed the earth and discovered many wonders, from the old world. While scrounging the desserts for anything interesting, I found a strange structure in the middle of the dessert. It confused me as to why this strange structure was here. As I went closer to the structure from what it looked like it was a door or a gate perhaps? As my curiosity got the best of me, I went even closer. as I got closer the door or gate opened and a powerful gust went throughout the dessert I was surprised by what I saw beyond the door or gate.

And low and behold a portal was shown, I stared at it with wonder, as if my instincts weren't screaming at me at this point. As a moth attracted to light, I went closer to the portal but a blinding light swept over me and rendered me unconscious...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
As I awoke from my slumber I asked
"Where.... am I?"

To be continued.......

[============] [============]

So..... author here was it bad I'm still new and willing to improve and please don't hold back on how bad I am in writing.

[============] [============]

(Edited:5/17/2022)