[•] A Difference Between Worlds [•] chpt. 3 [A:F/R]

[~]~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~[~]

So author here I didn't expect anyone would read this, all I can say is thanks for giving my fanfic a chance. Enough talking enjoy chapter 3

[~]~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~[~]

A couple of weeks passed since I've arrived in this world, from what I have observed currently. The world that I am currently residing in and the earth have some similarities but from what I've gathered and asked a bit of question from vermeil, it's not entirely the same. Yes, there are similarities like the landforms and fauna but that's all it, and the strange glowing rock that I found, I discovered its name. Well was told the name which is, ' Originium ' from what vermeil told me this substance is a very common material in this world.

And it's also a number one factor for causing, ' Catastrophes '. and it is also used in a practice called ' Arts ' and this so-called ' Arts ' utilizes ' Originium ' within the body or alter one's consciousness for one able to use ' Arts ', but. the usage of ' Arts ' will accelerate the so-called disease or virus ' Oripathy '. and from what she told me, people who are affected with the ' Oripathy ' are called the ' infected ' but they are more proficient in using ' Arts ' but at the cost of worsening there infection even further.

I asked her if there was a cure for this. To which she replied, " if there was a cure, shouldn't we have it by now." This made me realize, that this world has its fair share of problems that I can't do anything about. But asked her this " what? Happened to those ' infected ' who are not able to find a solution to at least suppress the infection. " To which she replied in a monotone way " they crystallized, and be cremated we can't exactly bury them or they'll just grow to another vein of ' Originium ' ". With that, I ended the conversation and continued with our walk, but I could feel the mood between us. It was depressing but we ignored it and moved on.

Another week has passed, and I've gotten to know vermeil a bit more. but she is still a bit distant from me, but can I respect that. but during one of our travels I picked something up in my radio I went to get it from my side pockets, and I looked at it. when I decided to listen to the transmission. This is what I heard " * static * t-this i- * static * caravan c-code name pa- * static " ce we require assistance * static * quickly!! There surrounding us * BOOM!! * Shit!! " With that, the distress communication was cut off. I looked at vermeil to which she looked at me back and replied " where gonna help them aren't we " I nodded, and she replied with a sigh " * sigh * fine, at least cook something for me once we're done got it. " I replied with a satisfied smile on my face " thank you, and looks like someone likes my cooking. " She blushed but she nodded at my reply, I laughed and she pouted while still blushing. We quickly went to the distress communication where it was last transmitted.

As we got there all we could see was smoke, bodies, and debris. Littered throughout the battlefield, we quickly readied our weapons and ran towards the battlefield, as we neared Where the fighting was still raging on, we got shot with a barrage of arrows and Arts. Luckily there was debris near us and took cover, I looked around and saw multiple of them hiding in varying heights of cover. I took a deep breath and steeled myself, I started firing my 'spitfire' towards them. one by one they started falling with each bullet that I fire life is taken, and as I continued with my barrage of bullets, so did vermeil and her barrage of arrows.

In the end, most of the attacking force was killed but unfortunately, some escaped, in the end, we won the battle. But at a cost, we quickly check if there were any survivors during the first incursion. But it seemed we were too late, not until we heard a cry for help we quickly searched on what was left of the caravan and saw multiple people who are under the debris, we quickly lifted the debris and let the people out.

I asked one of the people who were under the debris " hey are guys ok, is anyone injured " to which he replied " yeah we're fine, " I sighed with relief and asked again. " What happened here anyway " to which the same person replied " I don't exactly know it was all sudden, one thing we were going to Victoria the next thing we were under attack by raiders. But I thank you for saving us, I couldn't say to the people we hired but thank you. " I replied "it's no problem, but what will happen to the rest of you most of the Caravan got destroyed. Plus it isn't safe here anymore but are you still planning on going to Victoria? " He replied " yes, that was the plan, and We're still going to Victoria and we'll scrounge up what's left of the caravan and go from there. But we don't have any protection, we hired those mercenaries to at least protect us but well as you can see. " As I paid my respect to them, and I thought of an idea I said to him " how about, you pay us on how much you paid them. And consider us hired. " I said to him, to which he replied " are you sure, we'll pay you on how much we paid them. But it seems you lack numbers. " I replied " my experience is more than enough to let me qualify, for the job. " He nodded and replied, "all alright, then welcome to the caravan well what's left of it that is."

After they scrounged up what's left of the caravan, and repaired some of the damaged carriages we set forth to Victoria. But during our travels towards Victoria, it seemed that the same raiders that attacked us before returned with even more firepower and numbers. But we managed to repel them and killed one of their leaders now they were mad, but we kept on fighting. The fight was long and gruesome but as the sun rose and seeing the casualties they suffered they retreated. We won but we couldn't celebrate with the injuries that we sustained, after a few days of rest and the people fully recovered we went out again to Victoria.

After a few days' worths of traveling, we could see the Victorian walls. As I looked at the magnificent sight of the Victorian walls. I took a deep breath to take in the air and said.

"We're finally here huh, it's quite a sight to behold." As the wind flew by my face I smiled.

To be continued..........

[~]~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~[~]

Chpt. 3 is done god this was a pain to write while having classes well that's done.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chat. Criticism is much obliged and is much appreciated have a good day.

[~]~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~[~]

Characters/weapons:

Vermeil

The spitfire

The spitfire