[•] A very late welcome party [•] chapt. 5 [A:F/R]

[~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~]

Heya It's been a hot while since I've updated this story, well time to start.

[~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~]

" Hey...Wake up, " Faer called out to his still sleeping companion who grunted, " hey we're burning daylight here, Come on wake up. " " Uh... Fine I'm awake, " she finally relented and woke up. " What are we doing anyway, " her companion replied, " hm... Maybe look around, and stock up on supplies. " As She listened to her companion, Faer on the other hand was sitting with a book in hand on a chair watching vermeil. Groggily stood up and went to the bathroom. " Is that all? " " Yeah that should be it, hey who knows plans may change. So better hurry up we're going down for breakfast. " As vermeil finished washing her face. Both her and Faer went out of there room. And head towards the dinning area. To which the both of them began to eat, as vermeil stuffed her face with food while Faer watched her. He whispered, " You could eat more slowly. " She stared at him, to which he pointed his finger around them. She looked around and realized she was being watch by most of the people in area. She blushed but kept on eating earning a chuckle from Faer and the rest of the people.

" Phew... I'm full, " vermeil puffed, " well you did stuff yourself with food. " Earning a teasing smile from Faer, vermeil blushed being reminded by the embarrassing moment. " H-Hey the food was delicious; and don't think your innocent here, I watched you eat two sets of plates that had cake on them. " She rebuked at the teasing man, but earned a chuckle from him. She glared at the man and proceed to punch him, " alright alright; You've made your point, come on we should be heading out. " Vermeil nodded, " where to first " Faer began to think " let's head to the market place first, let's see what we can buy there. " She hummed in agreement and began to follow Faer. As they reached there destination both of the began to stroll around to see what could the buy.

By the start of the afternoon, they both finished buying what they needed. And returned back to there inn for lunch. " Man that was exhausting. " Vermeil sighed, earning a nod from her partner. " Hm... Atleast were done, come on let's order. " The once tired girl, immediately sat up straight and began to salivate. At the thought of food, Faer watched the entire thing and chuckled. They sat down and began to order there food, " So... After we're done here, where are we going? " Vermeil asked, Faer began to think abit the replied. " I don't know, which reminded me I forgot to buy a map. After lunch let's head back. " Vermeil sighed but nodded. As there food came, and ate there full. Both of them returned back to the market place, began to search a shop that sells maps. While exploring; both of them noticed that they were being watched intently by the locals. Some were whispering and others were glaring, but all was directed to vermeil. " We should get out of here, I don't think we're welcome here. " earning a nod from Faer, " yeah let's go, " they picked up the pace, and got out of there.

" Damn; finally found the place, " Faer breathed out, finally seeing a shop that sells maps. " Come on let's head in. " As the both of them entered the store, and was greeted by a feline man in his 60s. " Ah welcome to my store, is there anything that you need. " " Ah... Yes, do you have maps for sale by any chance, " Faer said, the man nodded " yes I do, what kind of map would you like, local? Or the entire Victoria area? " " The latter one please, " earning a small nod from the man. " Give me a minute, I'll go get it. " As he left the counter, only Faer and vermeil were left waiting. Both of them looked around the store to see if there was anything else they could buy.

There was a variety of objects that man sells, there was a stone mask with fangs. A ornamental sword, and a witch hat with a mouth. " Quite the variety, " Faer said to himself, vermeil on the other hand. Was looking at a stone tablet with engravings, as she got closer to inspect the tablets. The store owner came back with the map in hand. " Here you go, sorry for the wait. " the man said as he laid the map on the table. " It's no problem we where just looking around, " Faer said to the now interested man " oh... Find something you fancy? " While the both of them chatted away, vermeil was still looking at the stone tablet with great interest. She went to grab it but was called by the store owner, " lass I wouldn't touch that if I were you, that thing is said to be cursed. " This got the interest both of them, " how so? " The man began to stroke his beard. " Well the person who sold it to me said so, I don't know if what he said was true. But when he came to me he was spouting nonsense. " Both Faer and vermeil looked at each other, with raised eyebrows. " Can you remember, what he said. " Faer asked the man, " They are coming... The Root nears. " The man recited, leaving Faer frozen in silence. " Anywho enough idle chatter, you asked for a map didn't you here you go. " This snapped Faer out of his frozen state, " how much for the map? " "Hm... Around 5k " Faer nodded and paid the amount for the map. " Pleasure doing business with you. " As the both of them were about to leave the store owner called out. " Both of you stay safe out there alright, I've seen too many good people die out there. " The man earned a nod from the both of them, " thanks we'll keep in mind. "

" Hey... Are you ok, you seem abit tense. " Vermeil called out to her quiet partner, " hm.? Oh it's nothing serious, just something going through my mind that all. " Vermeil looked skeptical and kept pestering at Faer. " Was it about what he said isn't? " He stopped dead in his tracks, confirming vermeil assumption. " Really? That's the reason your tense, " she sighed, " remember what he said, the person was spouting nonsense so get over it. " She said while walking, leaving Faer there standing. " Yeah... Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I have a gut feeling that person wasn't just spouting nonsense. " He thought to himself, " hey! Are you come or what. " Vermeil called out. Faer snapped out from his stupor, " hold your horses, I'm coming. "

[~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~]

" There coming this way, everyone be ready. " A voice called out, while looking at Faer and vermeil. " Let's teach these infected scum, that there not welcome here. " Another voice chimed in, earning multiple nods from the participants. " There here, " " alright it's show time. " one of them grabbed a molotov cocktail, and threw it Infront of the path. While the rest began to fire arrows towards the Duo. While the both of them ran towards cover.

Meanwhile...

" What the hell... Why are the attacking us. " As Faer said, he took his ' hunting pistol ' out of its holster. And began to look for there attackers, " damn shouldn't have left my bow. " Vermeil scorned herself, " hey don't be like that, we didn't knew that this would happen. Just look out for anyone and I'll handle the rest. " She nodded, and pointed " over there on top of the building. " Faer looked where she pointed and saw two of there attackers, he aimed his pistol and shot killing one of them. Quickly reloading he shot the other person with same accuracy as before. " Holy shit! He just killed Jacob and alvin, you bastard I'm gonna kill you. " One of them said, as he threw another molotov cocktail. Landing near the both of them. Faer seeing where it landed, he quickly deduced where it was thrown and aimed and shot through the wall killing the person. This surprised vermeil, " how... Did you do that. " This confused Faer. " What do you mean, how did I do it? " " How did you know where he was? " Faer answered the question, " oh... I just deduced where he was, by the way he threw the molotov cocktail. Ask the questions later ok. " She nodded slowly.
" Come on let's get out of here, " Faer grabbed vermeil's arm and began to Sprint, seeing them both run made them realize. " Shit there running, after them! don't let them get away. " The man said, and went after them but after seeing they were going. He stopped, " There heading towards the old districts. " He called out to the rest. " Huh... There good as dead, come on let's get out of here before the guards come looking. "

[~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~] [~]~~~~~~~~~~~[~]

" I think we lost them, " Faer said as he let go vermeil arm. " Ow, you could have been more gentle. " She complained as she nursed her arm, " sorry, it was in the heat of the moment. " She sighed but nodded. " Anyway where are we. " Looking around made the both of them realize, " well were Lost, do you remember where we came?" She heard what Faer said, and looked around but after realizing that they were truly lost. She groans, " well as you said where lost, that's the first problem. The second probably it's getting dark. " She said while looking up at the sky. Faer agreeing with her, said " let's try to retrace our step's, and work from there. "

As the both of them left, not noticing that they were being watched by a certain white haired tigress. " Looks like news bloods came to wrong neighborhood. " She said she left as well.