3.

Chapter Three: 

Sawada's cheeks are still red as she follows Ayanokouji and Iwa-Chan out of the grocery store. She keeps her gaze looked onto her feet as she walks, too embarrassed to look at the two boys. 

As soon as the doors slide open, Sawada's attention snaps towards a minor commotion just to the side of her. 

"If we knocked you any lower you'd just be pathetic," an older student says, laughing. "Yeah," his friend agrees snidely, looking smug. 

Sawada glances towards the red haired boy that they're talking down to. It's that cute idiot with the anger issues from her class. She thinks his name might be Sun? Suoh? Sudo? Sudo… Ken? Something like that. 

"Besides," the first one shrugs his shoulders, "the real hell is yet to come for you people, anyway." 

Swiftly, Sawada moves past Ayanokouji and Iwa-Chan. Like a deadly snake ready to attack, she wraps her arm around Sudo's own and gives a sickly sweet smile. "Oh, we already know about this school's point system," she says, using her other hand to flip her hair behind her back. 

Sawada's smile then drops into a nasty scowl and her brown eyes noticeably darken, turning black. She leans her head onto Sudo's shoulder and he doesn't shake her off. 'Good boy,' she praises internally. Outwardly, her gaze is molten -- frightening to look at. 

She raises her hand and motions for the two older males to leave. "Shoo, shoo," she mocks, voice light and surprisingly soft. "If I hear anymore dumb commentary from the two of you I'll kill you." 

Likely sensing the truth in her words, the two boys scramble away, muttering apologies as they go. Sawada rolls her eyes. 'So much for their bravado…'

She separates from Sudo and slides her hand down his arm to intertwine their fingers. Sudo's hand is much bigger than hers and a lot warmer as well. Sawada marvels at that. When she turns to look back up, she finds Sudo staring down at her with a cute, dumbfounded expression. His cheeks have also seemed to gain a pinkish colour. 

"Why'd you do that?" He asks. 

"Obviously," Sawada says, "to help you." Offended, she holds her other hand over her heart, "I'm a kind person, you know--"

Suddenly, she gets cut off by a cold, big hand grasping her by the back of her neck and effortlessly picking her up. She instantly drops Sudo's hand. 

— page break —

Toushiro can't help but let a tick mark appear just above his jawline. He grabs Sawada by the back of her neck and lifts her up like he would lift a small pet trying to escape. "What did I say about getting involved in other people's problems?" He asks, voice low and teeth gritted.

Sawada instantly goes limp in his grasp. She mumbles something underneath her breath, pouting. 

"Louder," Toushiro says, visibly annoyed, "I didn't hear you." 

The girl in his grasp has the nerve to sigh. Toushiro wants to throttle her. Toushiro will throttle her -- for her disobedience and her stupidity

"You told me not to get involved in other people's business, I know, I know. But look," Sawada says, motioning to the red haired male, "I can't help myself if they're super cute, okay?" 

The redhead blushes all the way from his cheeks down to his neck and lower. "W-what?" 

Toushiro closes his eyes and counts from one to ten and only then does he settle Sawada back onto her feet. For good measure, he flicks her forehead with his index finger.