Chapter Four

tw: eating disorder

tommy woke up to the sound of his alarm at 7:00 in the morning. without wasting a second, he threw on the clothes he had prepared yesterday, grabbed his bags, and rushed down the stairs.

his parents were sat on the couch casually drinking coffee while watching the news. tommy was quick to disturb this peaceful morning, begging his parents to take him to the airport as soon as he had reached the bottom of the stairs.

"i thought you were meeting at 9:00? it only takes an hour to drive there" his mother stated, obviously confused.

"we decided to meet at 8:00 instead so we would have time to get breakfast" tommy felt bad lying to his parents but he couldn't risk letting them have another conversation with wilbur.

his parents asked no further questions, which tommy considered a win. he quickly said goodbye to his mum before grabbing his bags and heading to the car.

tommy hadn't realized how weak he had become until he was standing outside waiting for his dad to find the keys. the bags weren't too heavy and they should have been easy to carry, yet tommy's arms felt as though they would fall off if he held them any longer. luckily for him, his dad left the house shortly and unlocked the car allowing tommy to put the bags in.

the ride to the airport was pretty uneventful although there was quite a bit of traffic which worried tommy. by the time they finally arrived it was about 8:45 and of course, wilbur had to arrive early.

tommy was immediately filled with nerves. not only would his dad have another chance to talk with wilbur, but he might bring up their nonexistent breakfast plans and tommy would once again be caught up in a lie.

the two walked up to wilbur and after a quick greeting tommy was no longer able to hold back his thoughts. he zoned out of the conversation and let his mind wander.

maybe this was a bad idea.

maybe he should have cancelled.

why did he agree in the first place?

why did he think this was a good idea?

he hadn't even gotten on the plane yet and things had already gone so horribly wrong.

by the time tommy came back to reality his dad was saying goodbye to him and wilbur and walking back towards the car. tommy looked up at wilbur unsure of the conversation the two men had just shared. wilbur didn't seem upset and he didn't say anything to tommy, so he took this as a sign that it hadn't been too bad.

the two walked off to the luggage check in and dropped off their bags. tommy was relieved to get the heavy bags off of his hands, but he would never admit to it.

tommy hadn't payed much attention to anything around him. at some point tubbo had shown up and the three continued with the boring airport process. the other two were talking. maybe they were talking to him and maybe he was even responding, but he didn't know he was already on autopilot.

by the time they sat down at their gate, wilbur was finally able to get tommy's attention with a single word. breakfast. of course his dad had told him about tommy's lack of food that morning, and now there was no way for tommy to get out of eating.

wilbur and tubbo had decided they wanted doughnuts, tommy didn't want anything but he didn't bother to chime in.

the three boys received their doughnuts and sat down at the gate to eat them. tommy slowly took bites out of his glaze doughnut, feeling more and more sick after each one. as soon as he finished he excused himself to the single stall bathroom.

once the door was locked, he immediately fell to his knees, leaning over the toilet bowl and shoving his fingers down his throat. the painful process was over within a few minutes, but tommy couldn't be bothered to get off the floor.

after a while, he heard a knock at the door soon followed by wilbur's anxious voice, "hurry up tommy, the plane is starting to board"

tommy jumped up, quickly rinsing off his fingers before unlocking the door and rushing out of the stall.

his friends anxious faces immediately twisted into ones of concern as soon as they saw tommy. he was a mess. his eyes were watery, his nose was running, and he could barely speak through the thick layer of stomach acid that coated his throat.

tommy quickly attempted to explain that the reason he looked so sickly was because he was scared of flying, the nerves had gotten to him and caused him to throw up. he had to pause quite a few times to cough as the slimy build up of acid made it hard to talk.

tubbo was quick to accept his excuse, seeing no reason for his friend to lie to him, but wilbur was a bit more skeptical. he didn't want to accuse the young boy of anything in front of tubbo so instead he leaned in to give the boy a hug and whispered, "we need to talk once we arrive in california" tommy just nodded and the three left to board the plane before they missed it.

A/N

hey, sorry for abandoning this book. i had every intention of updating frequently but i had no motivation to write anything. anyways, i had a plan for this book but in the five months it's taken me to get around to updating again i forgot what that plan was. i have some new ideas for this story and i'll try to update more often but i can't make any promises. also, thanks for 1,000 reads, i appreciate you guys reading my story.

word count: 988