Lindir/Elrond

Prompt: "C'mere, you can sit on my lap until I'm done working."

Lindir strummed the harp idly, giving Lord Elrond's back a sad stare. Lindir's tune now reflected his mood, dwindling down to a slow and depressing melody. Lord Elrond had said he would be done by sunset at the latest, and it had been at least two hours since the deadline. The stack of papers to go through only seemed to be growing.

Lord Elrond stretched slowly, picking up on his minstrels mood. He tilted his head to the left to regard the younger elf perched on the bed. "I'm sorry Lindir, I overestimated my abilities to work through these quickly."

Lindir pouted, but quickly brushed away any thoughts of resentment towards his lord. "It is all right my lord, it is tax season after all."

"Indeed it is. Which means it's spring. Would you please opening the doors to the balcony? A little fresh air might do us both good." Elrond turned his head downward as Lindir obediently walked past his desk, but watched Lindir's back as he made his way to the glass doors. As Lindir turned back around, Elrond took note of his morose expression. Empathetic as Elrond was, (not to mention the special place Lindir held in his heart,) Elrond couldn't bear to do nothing. 

"Come here, my songbird. If you should wish it, I would love for you to sit in my lap while I finish this." Elrond opened his arms to Lindir, who had perked up like a puppy offered a treat.

"Thank you, my lord." Lindir didn't hesitate in pulling off his shoes, lifting himself up onto Elrond's lap, and curling his legs underneath himself. He certainly wasn't going to give Lord Elrond a chance to change his mind.

"There you go, my sweet." Elrond murmured as he helped Lindir shift into a comfortable position. Lindir's face ended tucked into his lord's neck, with Elrond's arm around his thighs to keep him in place. 

Lindir hummed a soft tune, reminiscent of a lullaby as he breathed in his lover's soothing scent. The warmth between the two of them perfectly comfortable, and Lindir found himself drifting off.

Lindir awoke again as he felt himself being shifted. He found himself being carefully tucked under bed blankets as he blinked sleepily up at Lord Elrond. Elrond blew out the candle on the bedside table before he slipped into the bed beside Lindir, tucking his own arm behind Lindir's head. Lindir shifted closer, resting his head against Elrond's shoulder.

"Sleep well, Lindir." Elrond whispered as he placed a gentle kiss to Lindir's forehead. Lindir felt himself smiling, and his eyes drifted shut once more.