Lindir/Elrond

Prompt: "I haven't made a promise in several thousand years, but I promise you this, if you harm a single hair on their head, I will end you. I will smile as I bathe in your blood."

Thranduil just wants to have a bit of fun, and fails to remember that Elrond was raised by Feanorians.

It was rare that Thranduil journeyed out of his realm, paranoid as he was and dependent as the realm was on him. When he did, however, he brought with him all the luxuries he enjoyed at home. It was not as if he needed these things and would throw a fit if denied them, but they were nice and since he could have them, he did. Thranduil preferred the best when it came to anything he interacted with. Plush pillows, vintage wines, perfectly forged swords and healthy flowers. Of course, company was also included in this list. Male or female elves, one, two or eight, Thranduil wasn't picky in that regard.

Lord Elrond was, to Thranduil's tastes, possibly the most drab, bookish, elf he had ever met. Of course the elf lord was smart, but not smart enough to take up the role of high king. Thranduil was left incredibly bored on his visits to Imladris, but since Lady Galadriel had asked (ordered) him to make an appearance, he would.

Upon entering the valley, Thranduil found himself greeted by a lovely young elleon with a musical voice. "Welcome to the valley, King Thranduil." Lindir bowed, forcing his voice to remain steady. "Lord Elrond is seeing to a horse related emergency, but he should be here any minute."

At that very moment, a frowning Elrond appeared from around a corner. "My apologies for keeping you waiting, King Thranduil."

"No worries my friend, I know you endeavor to do your best." Thranduil smirked, fully aware of the poke he had made at the uptight elf lord. "Lindir here has been lovely company."

Elrond's frown deepened, though Thranduil dismissed it as Elrond overthinking the verbal slight. Elrond made his way to stand next to Lindir, and composing himself, offered, "Lindir will show you to your quarters. There is food in the communal hall, or if you prefer, you may ask for something to be brought to your rooms. This evening, there will be a formal meal in the main hall. The gardens-"

"Yes yes, I know the drill." Thranduil dismounted his elk, and a stable hand ran forward to lead the beast away.

"The windows overlook the waterfalls, and as the sun sets sometimes the light will catch and make rainbows." Lindir was giving Thranduil a brief tour of the rooms.

"Mhm. Beautiful." Thranduil was watching Lindir, observing his fair countenance. "Say, my dear, what do you do in the valley?"

Lindir turned wide eyes to Thranduil, "Oh um, really whatever Lord Elrond needs. I enjoy playing music, sometimes I perform and sometimes I play just for Lord Elrond. I have to greet people when they arrive if Lord Elrond is unavailable... which can be good or bad. Once it was dwarves. They bathed in our fountain."

Thranduil made a sound of sympathy at Lindir's wince. "Your Lord Elrond just lets them all in?"

"Yeah." Lindir sighed, "I appreciate his generous heart, but the dwarves were difficult to deal with."

"Hmm. We have little dealings with dwarves after several similar experiences in my kingdom." Thranduil sidled forward to where Lindir stood, so that the minstrel was trapped against the couch. Lowering his voice a little and leaning forward, Thranduil continued, "Perhaps you would like to visit some time. I could give you a personal tour, if you so desired."

"No thank you!" Was Lindir's panicked response as he jerked away, all but running from the room. "Dinner will be at seven!"

Thranduil smiled at this reaction. A flighty one. Thranduil might have to spend extra time in Imladris in order to coax the elf out of hiding.