❍ 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

██████████████████

██████████████████

woodsburo was... different to say the least. the town was much more colorful than your old one. it was full of kids, either skateboarding, goofing off, or just being overall close to one another.

you felt a bit out of place. the first time you stepped on campus, everyone looked at you quizzically.

take a picture, it'll last longer, you rolled your eyes and walked to the office.

the whole day was so bleak for you, which was ironic for being in a town full of lively, social students. the only upside was meeting him: billy loomis. you two didn't talk for a long time, but every time he gave a sly grin or a small giggle, your heart fluttered. you didn't want to admit it, especially since billy had a girlfriend, but you knew it was there. maybe he knew it too.

on the first day of school, you received homework

on the first day of school, you received homework. all of it was either papers on literature or studying guitar tabs. learning acoustic guitar was one of the few classes that wasn't already full.

at least your mothers would be gone, off and away to some casino in las vegas as a family reunion for a whole week.

"we'll be back soon," one of your mothers poked your nose and giggled at your little squirm, "don't get into trouble! no one is allowed to come over, okay?"

"got it." you returned the smile.

as soon they left, you hurried upstairs to your bedroom and began to read as much of mary shelley's frankenstein for your english class to catch yourself up. you made it past five pages before your old fashioned rotary phone rang.

"who is it?"
"your boyfriend."
"nice try, i'm single."
"does that mean applications are open?"

you grinned, holding up the phone closer to your ears before asking, "who am i talking to?"