Chapter 6- And It All Comes Out

Cal's POV

                I saw my mother starting to drink way too much over in the corner of the livingroom, and Nora starting to look tired. "Nora, want me to take you home? You seem exhuasted."

        "Yeah, let me go and find my mother. She's probably tearing your dad to shreds." She answered.

        "Well in that case, I think it's better if I go and find her. You just relax." I laughed and walked toward the kitchen. I didn't see them so I grabbed me a water from the fridge and decided to check in his study. Sure enough I heard voices. The closer I got, the more clear I could hear the words coming out of my dads mouth.

        "I told you, Harper. Me and Louise are over. I already filed for divorce. I'm basically a single man. Unless, you agree to have dinner with me." He said to Ms.Allen.

        That pissed me off so bad. Neither him or my mom ever told me that they were even having problems in their marriage, much less in the process of getting a divorce. As soon as I heard those words come out of his mouth I walked up in there, balling up my hand into a fist. I stood  in the doorway where Ms.Allen was clearly getting ready to leave. "Really? Dicorve, huh? So, when were you guys gonna tell me about?" I said angrily.

        His eyes snapped open as if he thought him and Ms.Allen were the only ones home. "I wanted to tell you, Cal. Honest, I did. But you know how your mother is." He answered.

        "Oh, so all the blame is on my mother now? Well that shits not gonna fly with me. And how could you flirt with my girlfriends mom? That's just disgusting. Nora is pregnant and you're over here trying to get some with her mom? What, are you trying to keep it all in the family? I mean, my God dad." I was so pissed off that the rant just kept on coming. I used to look up to man, and--" He cut me off to explain.

        "Cal stop! It's not at all what it looks like. Nora is my daughter." He said.

        "Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense." What the hell are they talking about? Nora couldn't be his daughter. It would be insane. In what world would this actually happen in? This has to be a joke. Those were all the thoughts running through my mind. I looked at Ms.Allen. "Is that true?"

        She looked at me like she wanted to run away and never come back. After a long silent pause she finally nodded her head. "Yes, your father is the one who got me pregnant and never claimed her back in highschool, I'm sure you heard the story from Nora by now."

        There were so many thoughts running through my mind, I didn't know what to think. I don't take news well. Never have. All I knew is that, I didn't want to even look at his face anymore. I just wanted to leave. I looked him in the eyes while shaking my head. Then I stormed out of his study and back to where my mom and Nora were sitting. I went to grab Nora and tell her we were leaving. But I think she already knew by the way I looked, because as soon as she saw me she stood up, grabbed her purse and tried to keep up with my fast pace. She didn't even ask what happened or why we were leaving so fast. She just kind of backed me up, and I appreciated that.

        "Cal. Cal! Call!! Get back here when I'm talking to you young man." I heard him yelling after me. Ms.Allen not too far behind. Her socks kept slipping on the floor so she was struggling to keep up. Once I hit the door I grabbed Nora's shoes and handed them to her.

        "I know I just dropped a huge bomb on you, Cal but I'm still your father and you will listen to me when I'm talking. Not just walk away." He explained with anger in his voice.

        He's mad at me? That made me want to just get all up in his face and punch him. "Father? You ain't no father to me, CLAUDE!" I said his name super loud so it would sting when I spat the words out to him. And I'm glad you aren't my biological father, and I'm glad you are getting a divorce with my mother. That way, I don't ever have to see your pathetic face ever again."

        "Now you listen to me. I know your upset but that does not give you the right to talk to him any kind of way you feel fit. Now you will treat your father with some respect." My mom chimed in.

        "That man is not my father. Now, and he never has been. I don't want to be related to someone who would just abandon a woman he got pregnant and never look back. I could see my mom raise a eyebrow at Claude. She must've not have known. "I could never do that to Nora and my child. So, like I said before. He's not my father." I said as me and Nora left, making sure to slam the door.