Chapter 7- My Other Half

Nora's POV

        Once Cal pulled up in front of my house, I looked at him. We didn't say anything the entire ride. I had a question that I've been meaning to ask him, but I was afraid he was going snap at me like he did yesterday when I told him I was pregnant. I took a deep breath and finally asked him. "What did you mean when you said your dad was my father? How could that be?"

        He sighed and looked at me, looking as if he didn't want to tell me the truth. But it was too late. "You know the guy that walked out on your mom back in highschool? Well, that guy was Claude." He answered sadly.

        "But, that would mean we have the same father. That's sick. I HAVE to have an abortion before its too late, Cal. I refuse to have this baby now. And we have to break up. This just wouldn't work." I started crying. I couldn't imagine my life without Cal. I already have dreams of marrying him. And I know it sounds silly but I have already grew to love my unborn child. How? I have no clue. I don't even know the sex of it yet.

        Cal looked over at me and smiled. His huge dimples poking out at the sides. "Why are you laughing? This is so not funny, Cal,"

        "Your right, its not. But it's also not as bad as your think it is. I never told you that Claude isn't my real father. My mom was already pregnant before she met him. So we can still have this baby." He said so hopeful that it made me blush.

        "But, we still couldn't be together, Cal. We kind of still have the same father. Rather he's your real father or not."

        He chuckled to himself before answering me. I don't know why he wasn't taking this as serious as I was. He was just so upset at the house and now he's laughing at me for being sad? "Their getting a divorce, Nora. It's over between them. So, he's not my father. He's yours now."

        I smiled. A little part of me was happy I gained a father. But, that means Cal has lost his. I don't know how to feel about this whole situation. It was sort of bittersweet. "I need to go and relax. Think about what this means about me and your da---Claude." I kissed him and opened the door.

        "I love you". He said before I got out.

        "I love you too, Cal." I replied and then made my way into the house. Cal waited until I was in the house before driving off, like always. I was watching his car drive off when another car pulled up. A 2014 Black Porsche Cayenne. I saw Claude and my mother pop out of the car. I sat down on the couch, slowly as I waited for them to walk inside.

        My mom walked in first. "Hey, thanks for leaving me there. I really appreciated that."

        "I'm so sorry mom. I didn't know what was going on. I was just following Cal and making sure he was alright. You could've followed us, you know."

        "I tried." She explained. "But those damn floors were so slippery, I just kept slipping all over."

        "That would be because Louise seems to think we need to wax the floors once a week."  Claude joined in on the conversation, as if he'd felt left out of it. "Hello, Nora. We didn't really get a chance to talk earlier. Mind if we chat for a bit?" He asked me.

        My mom took that as a hint and made up the dumbest excuse ever to leave. "I have to go pet the neighbors dog." She said. There wasn't even anyone on this block who owned a dog. There was hardly any kids even. Mostly just old married couples in their 70s.

        "So, I'm guessing Cal told you by now. How do you feel about us getting to know each other?" He jumped right into the conversation.

        "I feel like you had sixteen years for that. That's how I feel. No offense, Claude. But I don't really think I need a father figure in my life anymore. And especially not a father that raised my boyfriend as a son. This whole situation is weird and I rather just---not." I explained the best I could without hurting the poor mans feelings. Or should I say the Loaded mans feelings?

        He looked disappointed. "Okay, I understand. But I want you to know something, Nora. I've actually been looking for you and your mother since I was seventeen years old. And I won't give up that easy just because this situation is 'weird'. Now, I know I wasn't the best kid in the world, but I'm a grown man now. And I admitted my mistakes and I own up to it 110%. All I'm asking from you, is that you give me a chance. We can start off slow, like I could come over for dinner."

        I wanted so badly to be angry with him and to tell him to leave. But honestly? He really did look like a nice guy and I wanted to know my father. I wanted to meet my other half. I stood up and walked toawrds the kitchen. "Are you any good at cookin'?" I asked him.

        He smiled the biggest smile I think I've ever seen. He had the best smile. "I can make a mean bowl of cereal." He replied.

        I giggled. "C'mon I'll make us some chili."