29 | Clues To Danger

-THE FATES OF TWO-

─────

"Hmm," Regina ponders, her brows furrowing. "What kind of revenge does she seek, Yoongs? Do you have any more information about this witch?" She turns her gaze toward him, her expression serious and determined.

Yoongi contemplates her question in silence, his mind at work. After a moment, he responds, "No, we don't have those details yet. I'm piecing together clues as we go, and that means I need more information to understand her motives and plans."

The urgency in their quest to uncover the truth about Blaise Morrigan and her intentions is palpable. They both understand the importance of gathering as much information as possible to protect themselves and those they care about.

───── ☾ ─────

"I hate you," you mutter, your eyes locked on Jungkook, who's unexpectedly helping you with your work.

"I love you too," Jungkook nonchalantly tosses an almond into his mouth, his casual demeanor in stark contrast to your irritation.

Your eyes roll as you turn away, grabbing something from the counter, but Jungkook is relentless in following you.

"What do you want? I'll bring it for you!" Jungkook's puppy dog eyes and playful tone manage to look incredibly endearing, despite your best efforts to resist.

No. Don't be cute. Please. Or I'll fall for you more.

Internally, you plead with yourself not to be charmed by him. His charm only complicates things further. Your mind races with thoughts and doubts.

You silently scream in your mind, maintaining your outward composure while pretending that his words haven't affected you.

You stop at the counter, trying to focus on your task, but Jungkook's words ignite a fire within you. "Wait. Are you playing hard to get?" he playfully inquires, his adorable frown only stoking your anger.

"Ae wauz joust traying too sttatte paxts!" [I was just trying to state facts.]

Your sharp retort is met with a momentary pause, but Jungkook remains unfazed.