Link Established

(y/n) had undergone the surgery to become a pilot and he'd trained for years to become one of the sharpest tools in the Militia's arsenal. He had endured the deaths of comrades, battle scars, and being transported across the galaxy but right now (y/n) was in the most pain of his entire life.

As the klaxosaur queen beat him senseless to the point that he couldn't manage a breathe to speak he fought to remain focused. There was a reason for this training and this was the only way to move forward.

With the upgrades Slone had designed for Debbie, the titan would become faster and stronger than anything ever fielded on the frontier. The changes would significantly increase the strain on the neural link between (y/n) and his titan. This training was to strengthen the pilot will slone worked to strengthen the titan.

So the plan was for (y/n) to spar with the queen, however, the fight ended up being incredibly one-sided. The powerful Queen would smack (y/n) around while the pilot tried endlessly to avoid her tentacles. Being an enhanced human being as well as a highly trained soldier, (y/n) lasted an impressive few minutes before the first tentacle caught him. After that, it just got worse and worse. the klaxosaur queen was ruthless in her strikes with her long tentacles that beat him like whips and threw him from wall to wall. (y/n) was starting to get frustrated. His horns began to grow, his skin changed colour and he began to almost glow. The change was accompanied by unimaginable pain. The Queen watched as (y/n) keeled over.

Focus your mind.

Queen Ayda's voice ripped through the pilot's bloodred thoughts like a streak of light, snapping him back from the brink of madness.

Suddenly (y/n) remembered the reason why they had undergone this training.

Control your anger. Use it. Don't let it use you.

(y/n) clenched his fists. hard. He closed his eyes and focused on it, ignoring everything else. He felt the warmth of blood in his palm, he could smell it. He took deep breaths to manage the throbbing that felt like a sledgehammer against his skull. He simply stood like this for a minute or so until it felt bearable and when he opened his eyes he found an impressed Queen Ayda looking up at him.

"Well done. You've successfully controlled your transformation." She said with a nod.

(y/n) did a quick once-over himself to check and he had definitely changed. The blue skin was now permanent. His horns had now come in fully and his canines had become slightly longer. On top of that (y/n) could feel inside that he had grown stronger, a lot stronger.

(y/n) smiled mischievously towards the Queen and took a fighting stance.

"You want to try again, do you?" The Queen chuckled, a deep sound that reverberated in her chest. "Alright then. Come."

(y/n) launched himself forward to attack but the speed at which he sprung forward surprised him more than anything, as he stumbled and was easily redirected by a tentacle.

"You have power now, but you still have to learn to use it. Try again."

(y/n) nodded in awe at his own newfound strength but the Queen was not waiting for him to make the first move.

(y/n)'s eyes widened as a tentacle approached his chest at a speed faster than when they'd fought before. Somehow, even though he could tell the tentacle was moving faster than before, he also knew instinctively that he could dodge it easily. As he sidestepped the attack with ease he dashed forward, closing the distance with his opponent's left side to deliver a lightning-fast hook. Before he could feel his fist impact, however, (y/n) felt his legs give out from under him and the newfound strength he could feel a moment ago had been replaced with crushing fatigue.