Apex Predator meets Silent Killer

Blisk sat in his menacing red and black Legion Class titan as stood guarding the entrance to what remained of Airbase Sierra. 5 years prior to the battle of Typhon, a militia covert ops squad led by Commander Sarah Briggs was able to infiltrate the base and bring down the Repulsor Towers protecting it. The base was overrun within seven hours of the battle, and now was home to many native species, none of which were friendly to humans. Even still, This should've been an easy job, but Blisk's arms were crossed and his foot tapped incessantly. He had been tasked by General Marder with protecting one Vice Admiral Marcus Graves. In his line of work with the IMC, Blisk had worked with many arguably bad individuals, but General Marder was the worst.

**Can't believe I have to work another job with that bastard. I just want to hurry up, finish this and get off this dead planet.**

Beside him, Inside her custom Ronin class titan, Ash giggled at the Mercenary commander.

**So impatient...** She said.

**Shut up, before I fill your cockpit with lead.** Blisk snapped. 

He didn't mean it literally of course. It's just that ever since Ash had been rebuilt after the battle of Typhon, her personality was in stark contrast with how she had acted before. She'd transformed from a Cold and calculating simulacrum with a relatively monotone voice, who could not even display empathy to a cheery, kind, and empathetic person who you could actually believe used to be a normal human girl. She'd even changed her mask, from a cold dead expression to a smile. The change was so massive that Blisk actually felt a little bit uncomfortable around her. But he would never let it show.

**You aren't any fun at all.** Ash pouted, teasingly.

**Sure. Whatever. Anyway, what's our situation.**

**Nothing unusual is coming up on my sensors so everything at least looks ok,** Ash replied.

Blisk knew there was nobody here, but his gut was telling him that everything about this was wrong. 

**Something's not right...**

Suddenly, Blisk's radio crackled to life.

**Listen up, Blisk. We're almost finished up here, we'll be leaving in f-** the radio went dead. 

Blisk instantly knew what had gone wrong.

**Shit.**

**Blisk?**

**The target's already inside.**

Quickly, he closed the hatch and turned to the door. he was dealing with a professional, so he would wait for them to make their escape and complete the contract, leaving Ash, who's titan was much more agile, to catch the intruder on the inside.

**Ash, get in there and find that damn pilot.**

**Got it.** Ash nodded, her tone suddenly serious.

Ash did not reply but instead moved swiftly towards the door, phasing through to avoid wasting time as her Ronin titan disappeared down the hall of the burned-out facility.

He spun up his titan's predator cannon and waited. But, the moment his back was turned to the entrance, a signature appeared right behind him. before he could fire off a shot he felt the barrel of a cannon on his titan's back.

"What the-?"

Blisk grit his teeth. How the hell did this pilot get in and out so fast? from his quick analysis, he could tell that it was a heavily modified Stryder, an older model that the more current ronin and Northstar classes were based on. The enemy titan carried a massive railgun but it would not be of any use in this close-quarters faceoff. He may have been caught by surprise, but he adapted quickly. He ignited his titan's thrusters and dashed to the right, spinning to face the titan. He dropped his weapon, instead, entering a fighting stance. The enemy titan watched him as did likewise. The massive railgun dropped to the ground with a loud clang. The Stryder entered a fighting stance, raising two robotic fingers, taunting him. Blisk raised an eyebrow.