It was supposed to be a little vacation

Slone made her way down to the beach. She and Dr. Franxx had just finished up assembling the new comms for Debbie and she was about ready for a break. As she walked down the wooden steps to the sand she rubbed her shoulders and stifled a yawn. This new world and all of its features had tired her out. To make things worse, The sun was beaming down and Slone had never experienced such sweltering heat. She hadn't been in the sun for 5 minutes and she was already wiping sweat from her brow. the thin white t-shirt she was wearing over the bathing suit Dr. Franxx had given her was starting to stick to her skin, exposing her modest but alluring figure. 

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually miss the climate-controlled environment of my suit.

She thought about going back to the plane. She didn't really like the sun and it's baking rays. She was about to turn around when Slone remembered, she said she'd join him on the beach.

Sighing, she took a deep breath and wiped the sweat away from her face with a hand one more time before continuing towards the beach and (y/n).

Earlier that day... 

After Mitsuru asked him to call everyone, (y/n) went off to search for the missing members of Squad 13. He walked along the beach looking around until he came up to a rock face. He could hear exactly what they were saying and he knew instantly that something terrible was about to happen. (y/n) wasted no time in rounding the rock wall to find exactly what he had feared. Up against the wall, was Hiro, and holding him there was Zorome.

"Come on! I want to know what it's like! Let me kiss you!"Zorome exclaimed,

"Wait! you should only do it with the person you love!" Hiro explained frantically.

The way Zorome was begging Hiro made (y/n) simultaneously want to die from both laughter and cringe. He couldn't take it anymore.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" (y/n) yelled.

"huh? Oh, (y/n)," Zorome and the other boys turned towards the older boy. "Do you know what a kiss is?"

"huh?... uh, yeah, why?" (y/n) obviously knew. but he wasn't sure how to explain it effectively. 

"Could you show me what a kiss-"

"Yeah no." (y/n) buried his forehead in his palm.

So that's why... don't they have any knowledge on this stuff at all?

A few more sighs, and a half-assed explanation later, Squad 13 was following Mitsuru on a narrow path between two sheer cliffs that rose high up above them. The sun could not reach them so at the back of the line (y/n) was a little chilly, but it wasn't too bad. In front of him, everyone pretty much was walking in pairs of 2 will he remained partnerless.

Ah... if only Slone were here

(y/n) sighed to himself,

But then again, it isn't like she's my partner either...

Hiro looked back at (y/n) who was at the back of the line and mouthed a thank-you. (y/n) nodded and smiled back.

Huh, it kinda feels a little like having a younger brother... he thought to himself.

They walked for a little while until they reached what looked like an opening with stairs carved into the rock that was illuminated by the sun's light.

"Hey, are you sure about this?" Miku asked, skeptically.

"Yes, you'll see it at the end of this path."

"This is kind of like an adventure!" Zorome said in excitement

The group walked up the stairs and when they reached the top they were astonished by what they saw.