What do you do if 11 tons of TNT isn't enough?

A dark shadow was being slowly cast over the battlefield as the Kissing continued on. the massive klaxosaur, codenamed "Target Beta" plowed across the ground towards the plantations. With its enormous menacing countenance and threatening horns, it crushed everything in its path leaving a wake of flat desolate desert unnaturally even and scraped clean.

After resupplying, The two squads had once again taken up their defensive positions. Inside the cockpit of Strelizia, Hiro steeled himself for the final battle, which for him may truly be his last. He knew he was dying, every time he entered to the controls, the blue mass that had started on his chest spread a little bit farther across his body. The pain was almost unbearable, but he would have to handle it if he wanted to be of use to his squadmates. 

Meanwhile, in the cockpit of his highly-experimental, highly-specialized titan, (y/n) wondered about his friend's condition. He decided to radio him, he wanted to know his thoughts before going into this fight.

**Hey, Hiro, how are you holding up?**

**I'm f--- fine**

(y/n) could've swore he heard a muted cough. He instantly knew Hiro was hiding something.

**It's happening again, isn't it? That growth that you showed me, it's getting worse, isn't it?**

**Don't w-worry about it! I can- I can still fight.**

**Hey idiot, you can't be of use to anyone if you're dead, you know.**

"Pilot." Debbie suddenly interrupted. "Target Beta is now withing salvo range."

As if to confirm her report, everyone recieved a broadcast from HQ

**TARGET BETA HAS BREACHED THE SECOND LINE OF DEFENSE. PREPARE TO ENGAGE.**

(y/n) went for his broadsword, but then thought better of it, reaching instead for his grenade launcher. 

It'll be easier to take apart such a large target with explosions than trying to hack it to death.

 **Squad 26 will be beginning its attack on the target now.** Gray squad leader relayed.

As squad 13 watched the other squad rush forward to face the behemoth Ichigo wondered,

"How exactly is it going to attack when it doesn't have any limbs?"

Squad 26 begun its assault on the klaxosaur, surrounding the slow-moving target and quickly pinning it using their powerful and versatile spears. After entangling the klaxosaur, each Franxx sent a powerful electric charge down their cables, hitting it with millions of volts of electricity which brought the mammoth to a dead stop. 

Gray squad leader nodded, confident in the effectiveness of their strategy.

"Good, it's working. Now again!"

And again, The klaxosaur was stricken with an almost comical amount of electricity. Just as things seemed to be going their way, however, the beast let out a deafening shriek that (y/n) heard painfully, even inside his insulated cockpit. The force of the soundwave sent dust flying up of the desert floor and rattled the frames of the Franxx.

"Ah- what the hell?!" (y/n) cried out in his cockpit.

**Look!** Ichigo pointed, as the shape of the klaxosaur began to change.

Its four sides suddenly turned into sixteen as the blocks of its body began to reorder themselves. The once, cubed shaped klaxosaur broke free of its binding, becoming a towering mountain with horns.

 The 5 Franxx looked on in horror and amazement at the brute that now stood before them. Several times larger than anything they had ever seen before.