Chapter 6

Harper's Pov: 

"Clear." I say with a small sorry smile on my face. Dani brushes it off and continues to look for clothes and continues to make jokes. 

A little baffled by how fast she can change the topic, completely happy that she did. I continue to make jokes and poke fun at her by picking up the most hideous clothes I can find and show her. We continued joking and buying clothes for half an hour before I dragged Dani to the art supply store. 

I needed more chalk for advanced spells in the future anyway so it's easier to get it now then in the future. Walking in a sense of relaxation hits me and it's amazing. Looking around for the chalk that I can't find anywhere I decide to do a little location spell to point me in the right direction.

  "Adiuva me invenire creta cito" I whisper in a low voice while looking around to see if anyone is paying attention to me. 

No one is so I begin to chant it a few more times until I see a path of arrows leading me to the right aisle. Finding the chalk and grabbing a few other pens and paper. I turned around because it felt like there were eyes boring into the back of my head.

 I didn't look where I was going and walked into Dani. "Dude you ok? It looks like you just saw a ghost." "Yeah I'm fine I think I'm just tired, after this you wanna chill at my house?" I ask her while we walk to the register. 

As I set my stuff onto the counter I laugh at Dani rambling about this one show she swears is absolutely the best show ever and that we should watch on my tv.

 "Same old Dani having people watch the same show over and over again", the cashier says, he raises his head after his remark and starts smiling.

 "OHMYGOD!" Dani practically squeals.

"I can't believe it, I thought you left for Seattle and weren't coming back till the end of senior year?" Dani states laughing and giving the cashier a high five.

"That was the original plan, but who would I be to leave Dani Locke to survive senior year without me?" He responds jokingly. 

He sets his eyes on me and his eyes widen just a little bit. "Oh we have so much to catch up on dude... Max this is my new neighbor and best friend Harper Green who is attending our school and is in our grade!" Dani says practically bouncing off the walls.

 I hold my hand out to shake his,"Nice to meet you as Dani already told you I'm Harper", I told with a small smile on my face. 

Taking my hand and shaking it he responds with a small smile too,"Nice to meet you Harper, I'm Max".