Chapter 8

Harper's POV:

Placing my head on the door for a second I turn around to go to my closet to see Salem sitting on my bed with his eyes narrowed at me. 

6:10 I gather my outfit and go into the shower.

6:20 out of the shower and dressed making my way downstairs towel drying my hair. 6:30 cooking eggs while feeding Salem his food.

6:45 finishing up breakfast and performing a spell for everything to clean and put itself away. Having Salem go into his rest/recharge mode after eating, I begin to leave the house making my way down the lawn.

 I see Dani listening to music and leaning against the fence. Sneaking up behind her and tapping her shoulder Dani jumps not expecting that and turns around with a bright smile on her face. "Let's go!" Dani practically screams in my ear making me laugh. 

"I thought you hated school?" I say with a hint of confusion in my voice. Dani complained to me about it last night saying how she'd rather eat caviar than step foot into the school. 

"Oh no I absolutely hate school, I'm just so excited you get to experience my hatred for school with me. God, it sucks! The teachers are all pricks and the kids also suck. There's this one girl who honestly makes school slightly bearably."

 I ask her who the girl is and will I get to meet her on the bus. Laughing halfheartedly Dani says in a soft almost whisper, "It's you. You being here makes going to school easier on my soul". Chuckling and nodding my head, we continue walking to the bus stop. 

We get there at 6:55 and Dani introduces me to the other kids we're waiting with. Finally, at 7:20, the bus pulls up in front of us. As Dani boards the bus after everyone else, telling the bus driver that we have a new student on the bus I turn around to see a black shadow by a tree.

 Staring right at it my gaze hardens and I turn around and walk onto the bus after Dani grabs my attention.

 ~Time Skip~ 

Getting off the bus we arrive at the school at 7:40. That was honestly not the best nor worst twenty minutes of my life. Walking in the building it was a nice three-story building with a red brick foundation with what some would say floor-length windows. The black tile roof stands out against the structure of the school.

After standing there and looking at the building Dani pulls me inside so we can get to the front office so I can retrieve my schedule for the school year

[Rip guys I completely forgot about this story. I'm currently studying to get my driver's license so sorry dudes, I'll update again soon.✌🏾 ]