Chapter 3: March

"Steve's into y/n." Sam says to Bucky once they're alone. Bucky looks at Sam. "I know." He says.

"How are you so calm about this? You've been pinning after this girl for a year." Sam says.

Bucky shrugs, "I'm not worried about it."

"Why? Have you seen Steve?" Sam asks.

"If she wants him, she can have him. But... once I win the bet, she'll have to go out with me wether she's with Steve or not." Bucky says.

"Ohhhhhhhhh." Sam says. "That's smart."

Bucky nods as he stands up to walk away. "I know." He says.

He walks into the conference room to see that he's still up by five. He smiles to himself and walks out of the room. He spots you in the kitchen and makes his way over to you.

You're making a sandwich, when you feel someone behind you. "Hi doll." Bucky says softly.

"Hi Bucky. Want a sandwich?" You ask.

"No thanks I'm good." He says. You nod and cut your sandwich in half diagonally. "Whatcha think of Steve?" Bucky asks.

You take a bite of your sandwich and spin around to face him. "What do ya mean?" You ask.

"Do you like Steve?" Bucky asks.

"I mean yea. He's nice and a good friend." You shrug. Bucky shakes his head no. "That's not what I mean. Do you have a crush on Steve?" He asks.

You feel your cheeks grow hot. "No." You say.

"Then why are you blushing?" Bucky asks.

"Because this is embarrassing." You say.

"Why?" Bucky asks.

"Dude. I'll get embarrassed if you ask me if I like Scott. It's just who I am." You say. Bucky chuckles softly. You take another bite of your sandwich.

You turn back around and continue eating. Bucky reaches out. His hands hover by your waist, but he doesn't touch you. He wants to, but he doesn't want to make you uncomfortable.

So, he doesn't touch you. Instead he reaches around you and steals the other half of your sandwich. You turn around and watch him take a bite. "Thanks doll." He says before he places his lips on your forehead.

He turns around and walks away. "So much for making her not feel uncomfortable." He mumbles as he takes another bite of your sandwich. "Good sandwich though."

You watch him walk away. "I was gonna eat that." You quietly whisper. You shrug it off and wash your plate.

"Y/n." You hear and spin around to see Steve.

"Steven." You say and give him a salute. Steve chuckles and walks closer to you.

"I need to tell you something." He says.

You nod. "Okay what's up?"

Steve opens his mouth to say something, but someone runs into the room very loudly. You see Sam stand in the kitchen.

"ITS FUN TO STAY AT THE Y M C A. ITS FUN TO STAY AT Y M C A." He loudly sings as he turns around in circles. "Come on y/n." He says as he grabs your hand and starts spinning in a circle with you.

"What the hell?" You ask.