Chapter 8: August

"I'm winning!" You yell at Natasha.

"Yes I know." She says.

"You must be so proud." You say. Natasha hums in agreement and starts nodding, knowing it's the only way you'll shut up.

"Why don't you go brag to Barnes about it." Nat suggests. You gasp, "That's an amazing idea."

You walk out of the room and find Bucky talking to Sharon. "Ooo good Sharon's here as a witness." You say.

"Why would I need to be a witness?" She asks.

"Well I'm about to brag to Bucky and there's a chance he'll say something that'll make me slap him." You say. "And I want someone to see that to say that it actually happened." You add.

"What are you gonna brag about doll?" Bucky asks even though he already knows the answer, he decides to humor you.

"I'm winning the bet. I'm ahead by eight. Suck it Barnes." You flip him off. Sharon chuckles, Bucky rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. I'm gonna win this bet. Then you'll have to go on dates with me. By the end, you'll be begin' for another." Bucky says.

"Mhm sure." You say.

"What are you guys betting about again?" Sharon asks.

"Who's the better ex-assassin." Bucky says.

"Oh, well it's obviously y/n." She says.

"Thank you!" You yell as Bucky says, "What?"

"Well, y/n is more skilled. She thinks about where to hit rather than just throwing her arms and legs out." Sharon says.

"Throwing your arms and legs out works just fine." Bucky defends.

"Aww. Is wittle Bucky upset?" You ask and pout. Bucky glares at you. You smile sweetly at him. Eventually he breaks and starts smiling back.

"You guys would be an adorable couple." Sharon says.

"Thank you." Bucky says. You roll your eyes.

"I wouldn't date Bucky. He's too stubborn." You say.

"Says you." Bucky says. You mockingly laugh. "Shut up." You say.

"Make me." Bucky says.

"Stubborn ass." You say.

"Bitch." Bucky says.

You slap him and laugh. "I knew you'd call me that and that's what I was waiting for to slap you. Yes!"

Sharon laughs and Bucky rubs the side of his face. Sam walks into the room. "Y/n, why are you yelling?" He asks.

"I slapped Bucky." You say proudly. Sam looks at Bucky and Sharon. Sharon nods.

"Yea she did. And it hurt. A lot." Bucky says. You roll your eyes. "He's just being dramatic." You say.

"No I'm not." Bucky says.

"Let me see." Sam says. Bucky removes his hand. "Damn it's already red." He says. You go to look and hold back your laugh.

"Y/n, apologize." Sam says.

"Bucky, I'm sorry you called me a bitch and it resulted in me slapping you." You say.

"Apology not accepted. It still stings." Bucky says.

You roll your eyes and place a kiss to his cheek where you slapped him. "There I kissed it better." You say before you leave the room.

Bucky swears his heart stopped beating. He stopped breathing. He even feels a little light headed and is seeing black spots for a little bit.

"Bucky?" Sam calls. Bucky snaps out of whatever spell you put him under and looks at Sam.

"You okay? You turned really red after she kissed your cheek." Sam says.

"I'm fine." Bucky says as he takes a sip of his water.

"Aww he's blushing." Sharon says.

"Shut up Sharon." Bucky says.

"Aww you're right Sharon. He is blushing. Aww." Sam says.

"You can both go to hell." Bucky says as he stands up and walks away.