Chapter 16: Date Ten

"Natashaaaaaa! Noooo!" You yell.

"Y/nnnnnn! Yessss!" Natasha yells.

"We're not in love." You complain.

"Please." She scoffs.

"I'm only going out with him because I have to." You say.

"So if you never did this bet, you wouldn't be going out with him?" Nat asks.

"Yea pretty much, Natasha." You shrug.

"So if you never did the bet, and Bucky came up to you, right here, right now, and asked you out, you're telling me, you would say no?" She asks.

"Well..." You say before falling silent as you think. "He's a very— I wouldn't wan— I care about hi— oh shit." You say.

"There it is." Natasha says.

"Dammit Natasha!" You yell as you walk away.

"What did I do? I'm not the one in love with a super soldier." Natasha says, rather loud.

"Who's in love with a super soldier?" Nat looks to the right and sees Bucky.

"Bucky! Hey!" She says in a high pitched voice. "Oh no one. I was just uh— practicing for my play."

"Oh really?" Bucky asks.

"Mhm." Nat agrees.

"What's the play called?" Bucky asks.

"In Love With a Super Soldier." Nat says. Bucky nods and hums in agreement as he narrows his eyes at her. "ILWSS for short." She adds. Bucky nods.

"Okay well, I have to go. Make sure you get everyone on the team front row seats, so you can see us mouth liar while you're on stage." Bucky smiles before walking away.

"Yea he knows." Nat says.

*-*-*

"This is stupid." You say.

"Come on. It'll be fun." Bucky says as he drags you by your hand.

"I don't wanna do this." You say.

"It's just ice skating y/n." Bucky says.

"I'm gonna fall." You say.

"Then I'll help you up." Bucky says.

"You're supposed to say, 'I won't let you fall'." You say.

"I'm not making any promises that I can't keep. Watching you fall might be funny." Bucky says.

The two of you get your skates on. Bucky holds both of your hands as he skates backwards so you can move forward. "How the hell are you so good at this?" You ask.

"Steve and I use to skate all the time when we were younger." Bucky shrugs.

You scoff, "Of course you did."

Bucky guides you around the rink. Several people fell, which made you and Bucky laugh. Karma bit you in the ass when you fell. On your ass. Bucky tried to catch you, but failed and ended up going down with you.

He stood up, then helped you up. Laughing as he did so. "That hurt. You're not light." You complain.

Bucky presses a kiss to your forehead. "Sorry dolly." He says. He pulls you closer to him and hold you by your waist. You rest your arms on his chest.

"At least you tried to catch me. It's the thought that counts." You say.

He softly chuckles. You look up at him and make eye contact. Bucky's chuckle starts to fade out as he stares back at you.

After a minute of staring at each other, Bucky presses his forehead to yours. Slowly, he starts to lean in. The side of his nose presses against the side of yours as his lips get closer to yours. Both of your heartbeats skyrocketing through the roof as his lips get closer to yours. His eyelids flutter shut. Closing off his icy blue eyes. Yours remain open, but eventually close as he gets closer and closer. His bottom lip lightly brushed against your top lip.

And then, your phone starts ringing.

Bucky exhales the breath that he was holding in. He pulls away as you answer it.

"Hello?" You ask. "Natasha, what's up?"

You patiently listen. Bucky hasn't let go of your waist, nor does he plan to. You feel your face drop as you hang up. "Y/n? What's wrong?" Bucky asks.

"My dad, mom, and brother are at the tower." You whisper.

"Okay let's head back." Bucky says.

"No we're not done with the date." You protest.

"Hey it's okay. I know you don't want to see them, but you can do this. If you want, I'll stay with you the whole time." Bucky says. You weakly nod.

*-*-*

"You really brought my brother up here to try and convince me to move back?" You ask in disbelief.

"Sugarplum, we can get you the help you need back home." Your mom says.

"I-I can't move back." You say.

"Why not sis. I miss ya. I really miss ya." Your brother says. "And who is this man?" He asks as he points to Bucky.

An idea pops in your head. You hold your hand out towards Bucky. He walks up and takes your hand. You wrap your arm around his. "He's the father of my baby." You say.

"What?" You mom asks in disbelief.

"What?" Bucky asks.

"Oh don't tell me you forgot Bucky bear. He does that. Sometimes I think the pregnancy brain is affecting him more than me." You say.

"So you two are..." Your father says.

"Having sex? Yes." You say.

"Yep. We're doin' it. Twice a day." Bucky says awkwardly. You stifle your laugh.

"This a sin. Making love before being married. Oh no." Your mom wails.

"Who says we're not married?" You ask.

Your mom looks like she's about to faint. Your brother is nodding. Your dad spaced out.

"We better get going." She finally speaks and practically runs out of the door.

Once they're gone, you and Bucky disperse. "You know, your mom is gonna be expecting a baby from you soon." Bucky says.

"Ah shit. You're right." You say.

"Guess we better get started." Bucky jokes as he leans in to kiss you. You move your head to the side, so he kisses your cheek and you squeal. "Bucky no." You laugh.

He grips your waist with both hands as he licks your cheek. "Bucky!" You squeal.