ꜰᴏᴜʀ

══════════════════

══════════════════

Maura recalled Maddox throwing her into the back seat with the rest of the drunkards, whispering something to Se-ra before abruptly passing out. When she woke up next it was in her room. Golden sunshine filtered through the slanted blinds, tufts of dust and other particles floating around in the honey-hued light.

Maura stirred, groggy with nausea and confusion. She fell back once the sensation of pins and needles lanced through her brain. It almost felt like someone was using an ice pick to tear apart her mind in the most excruciating way possible. The sunshine only adds to that sensation, and her eyes, constricting impossibly tight against the rays of light are the added nail into the coffin. The very sound of the sheets crinkling around her body, a deafening roar to her sensitive ears.

She picked herself up carefully and blinked through the hazy crust of the previous night. She was in her room, or rather, slumped on the floor with the sheets haphazardly strewn over her half-clothed body. Mauras' pants were on the other end of the room, her shirt used as a scarf with one of her breasts peeking out of the bra like a nasty surprise waiting to be opened. With a groan, she pushed herself from the floor, using the feet of her bed to balance herself as she padded over to the mirror she had propped up by her desk.

Her foot stepped on something sharp, and her immediate reaction was to step away, a pained hiss leaving her lips. She quickly stepped to the side and bent over, picking up what appeared to be the crushed remnants of a polaroid. 

Maura squinted through the hazy film over her eyes and inspected the photo. It was a blurry, lazily taken shot of someone. 

Someone in a hoodie and jeans...? 

In a café...?

A flickering bulb blinked to life in Maura's head. She was elated at having figured out that the café was the one she had been at only days ago. Then, confusion. When had she ever owned a polaroid? And when did she take this photo? 

Maybe, in her drunken state, she snuck back to the café and took a snap of it. Maybe she was just overthinking something that could amount to nothing. 

A blistering headache started to take form in her head, placing pressure behind her eyes. She haphazardly threw the photo in the trash and swiftly forgot about its existence. 

If Maura thought she felt horrible, she looked even worse. It truly baffled her what a single beer could do to her body, much less her inhibitions. Her hair was a rat's nest around her head, and her eyes were lined with dark circles.

As her eyes came into focus, she realized while she was busy checking out her deplorable state and complaining about the logistics of walking around like this, she didn't take into account what state the others were in.

Kenzo, Se-ra... Maddox.

Mauras' eyes widened to the size of saucers. A furious flush of mortification crawled up the back of her neck and up her ears, followed by the furious sensation of tingles down her flesh.