ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

══════════════════

══════════════════

By the next morning, Maura had managed to maroon herself among a sea of half-sane, mostly deranged drawings of Maddox. Having covered the majority of the floor space in her new bedroom, she now stood barefoot on a mountain of crinkled papers and charcoal pencils trying to decide if she should break her hands so she'd never have to draw such abhorrent pieces of work again.

It'd be too painful to break them. She settled on stomping on the artwork with her bare feet.

Smug satisfaction broke through her irritation at the site of her toes curled around Maddox's half-painted face.

Once she'd finished her little murder masquerade around the room, Maura dug through her hamper and threw on a clean shirt and sweats. She gathered her hair into a claw clip, then gave herself a thumbs up and shuffled off to the kitchen, her nose to the air. She gave it a preemptive sniff, hoping to catch a whiff of something delish, only to stop dead in her tracks at the site of her roommates gathered in the living room. They were all in a circle on the beanbags, heads bent over some sort of laminated files, mumbling to themselves as if in a sort of cultic trance.

"Uh..." The girl mumbled, scratching at her head. "Morning?"

Kenzo looked up from his spot and gave her a subtle nod. Se-ra used the laminated folder in her hand to wave over the startled girl. "Maura! Good morning! Did you sleep well?"

If only she had an inkling of an idea of what Maura had been up to at one am in the morning on ungodly amounts of horniness, hormones, and self-pity, she'd definitely look at her in a different light.

"...Like a baby." She bent over the brunette's shoulder to peer at what appeared to be a list of guidelines. "What's all this? Are we having some sort of tenant meetup at—" Maura glanced at the watch. "—Eight in the morning...?"

"Precisely!" The girl snapped her fingers. "Since we haven't had a chance to go over the basic guidelines, I thought I'd draw up a quick set of rules to adhere by. Don't panic. It's nothing outrageous. Just a few requests our fellow roommates made in light of a recent situation with the last tenant."

"And since we didn't make a list with our last roommate, we thought it'd be best if we made one for the new one," Kenzo added on. "We had a bit of a fallout with the previous guy, so we'd like to avoid any hassle this time around."

Right... fallout. Valentina seemed to say otherwise.

"Seems reasonable," Maura commented. She lifted her own laminated guide and skimmed through the basics.

- Quiet hours after 10.

- Washing the dishes and meal prep is to be distributed evenly into portions between each roommate.