N°1 [ The most beautiful flower could not satisfy me...]

Ink sighed long, his back arched while he watched with a dull eye the field of echo flowers in front of him

Ink sighed long, his back arched while he watched with a dull eye the field of echo flowers in front of him. He was desperate, desperate by his constant failures, his flirting attempts for Error that didn't lead to anything. Seriously, why couldn't the Destructor just accept his advances? Oh, yeah, because he had haphephobia, they were both enemies and, parenthetically, because Error hated him.

Yet, the painter just wanted to stop these perpetual fights, he wanted love and nothing else! But no, no matter the efforts, the Destructor didn't want to hear anything.

A teleportation noise caught his attention, taking him out of his sullen thoughts to annoy him even more. He could recognize these steps between a thousand, so he left a weary sigh out:

"Nightmare, I am really not on the mood to fight now."

The bad dreams master was definitely most detestable living being that Ink could ever know, and he was weighing his words! His animosity towards him wasn't a secret for anyone and this hate was perfectly reciprocal. Yet, this night, Nightmare didn't try any trick, any attack. He just set next to the painter without saying a word, visibly mad even if he was trying to control himself.

"I'm not on the mood either if you want to know.

-Bad day?

-Yeah. You too?

-Yeah.

-Error ?

-Killer ?"

They both nodded at the same time. What a poor duo... The only think they had in common was the fact that they both were as bad in love as the other.

Ink puffed his cheeks:

"I'm done making efforts for nothing! Seriously, I've been flirting with him for a while now to obtain nothing but hate!"

Nightmare laid his chin on his hand, irritated:

"Same. I make considerable efforts for Killer and this asshole still say that I'm not honest and that he'll go with Color!"

New simultaneous sighs. They shared a look. An understood look as if, for the first time in many centuries, they were on the same wavelength. After all, ... If their loved ones rejected them, what was left for them? What was left except them, two broken and sad souls, looking for comfort?

They brought their faces imperceptibly closer, staring at the other, ready to turn the page, to go to the next step...

And a crunching sound petrified them. Still near to each other, not sure if they heard well or not, they slowly spinned their heads to see behind them... and then they saw a black bones' skeleton, sitting just behind their back, who was looking at them, eating greedily a handful of pop-corn.

"Go on, go on.", said the stranger, still staring at them.

The two others blushed with embarrassment, suddenly getting further to each other, recovering quickly.