N°4 [ Sweet mistake, isn't it? ]

"You're still here?!"

Ink burst out laughing when he heard Horror's scream. He easily dodged a bone thrown in his direction and then dropped into the sofa, quietly putting his feet on the table:

"Indeed, this castle is very comfortable!"

The cannibal growled as he turned his head to the corridor:

"CHIEF! INK STILL HITS THE INLAY!"

To which Nightmare didn't respond, probably because he was tired of always interfering. It had been almost four days since the Creator had been quietly squatting in their house, and the bad guys kept trying to kick him out. At least, when they saw him at the beginning of the day, they attacked him. Then after a quarter of an hour of chasing, they would give up and go back to their activities, not without grumbling against the artist.

After all, Nightmare didn't order them to catch their enemy or even shoot him down. He himself, as he left his office, ignored Ink to continue his daily routine. See, sometimes the master of the house would sit down next to the painter to watch TV or just exchange a few words. If at first it had seemed strange to his henchmen, they had decided that a little truce wasn't so bad after all.

And so a fifth day went by. This time Ink was present for lunch and was happy to discover Horror's culinary talents. He joked with Dust and Killer, gave some tips to Cross so that he could dredge Dream without being caught by Nightmare ... and speaking of the nightmare master, he arrived towards the end of the lunch and sat down at the table, starting to eat while the others left the room.

Ink lingered however, smiling:

"I wasn't expecting this, but it's actually really cool at your place!

- Shut up, there's nothing cool about it!

- Ohlala, you're always so bad-faithful! Come on, admit it, you love them, your beloved henchmen!"

Nightmare glanced at him blackly, but did not attack him. That was also new: the goalkeeper took a lot out of him to stop his impulses, and that was really beneficial: his subordinates were less afraid of him, and he could now graze Killer without him panicking.

"Of course he loves them." Nyx replied for him.

The other two jumped, barely holding back a cry of surprise. They turned back to their friend who had once again appeared out of nowhere and quietly settled down at the table, coming to dive into the still hot dish that hadn't been cleared.

"Horror cooks really well, he commented.

- Don't be embarrassed." Nightmare grumbled as he continued to eat himself.

Ink laughed softly:

"Hey Nyx. How's it going?

- Very well, my goodness. How are you? You look tired."

The painter had a poor smile:

"Oh, yes, I haven't been sleeping much lately, but don't worry!

- Are you worried that Error won't come?"

Ink did not answer but his evasive look was a clear answer. Nyx smiled briefly:

"Don't worry. His patience has run out."

His two comrades raised an eyebrow and looked at him, perplexed. They were about to interrogate him when they were interrupted by a loud noise. A noise coming from the entrance, followed by the cry of Dust.