N°7 [These links are invisible, but they're not nothing.]

He looked at length at the grass that stretched out in front of him, the blue sky without any clouds above him. He sniffed the air, that sweet floral fragrance of softness and freedom, and as he sat more comfortably against the stump of tree he had found, he took out his notebook to slide the tip of his pen over the blank paper, as he gently whispered this melody whose origin he no longer knew:

"Mon trésor, prends ma main .."

The sound of the pencil in action, the sweet smell of ink mixed with the bluish colour ...

"Serre-la fort, tout ira bien ..."

He drew a first face, his hand waving by automatism, his memories as the only model for his work.

"Je suis là, ne crains rien..."

Two silhouettes, the shape of a soul between the two beings, then the more fleeting trace of a third person, a smaller silhouette than the first two.

"Mon cœur bat contre le tien..."

He forsook the third being to concentrate on the two larger ones, bringing them details, relief, playing with shadows, contrasts, the nuances of his unique colour.

"Et si l'avenir te fait peur, tourne la page ... Dessine un ciel plein de couleurs, un nouveau pays... "

His pen ceased all movement as he hesitantly ran through his barely finished drawing. Not the slightest landscape, he did not feel capable of making one, did not have the slightest idea of which to transcribe on paper. The trio of skeletons in front of his eyes seemed too false to him, like a terrible lie he was trying to swallow.

"... sache que l'encre des souvenirs ne sèche pas ..."

He closed his eyes, clutching his modest work to his chest, ignoring the barely dry ink that stained his clothes and the paper he crumpled gently.

"Qu'entre tes mains peuvent s'écrire d'autres "il était une fois" ..."

He was silent, with a heavy heart, ready to cry.

A familiar hand rested gently on his shoulder, delicate and comforting. Nyx reopened his eyes, turned his head to meet the gaze of his beloved uncle:

"Dream... ?"

The Dream Keeper gave him a smile:

"It's nice what you were singing... What was it?"

Nyx lowered his eyes, a poor sneer came to be born on his face:

"I don't know... I could hear Plum singing it sometimes..."

He felt his uncle tensing up.

"... Nyx... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

- Why my uncle?"

The black-boned skeleton raised his eyes, giving the adult a heart-rending smile:

"It wasn't you who killed him."

=== ===

Nyx opened his eyes. For a brief moment he looked up at the ceiling above him, in that near-darkness that made him shudder. Only the light coming from the corridor prevented him from giving in to a panic attack, even though his mind was still too overwhelmed by the memory that had assailed him.