P R O L O U G E

hi, i'm lando

2018

PRE 2019 FORMULA ONE SEASON

THEA slung her camera around her neck, waiting for Matt to come back in the room with their next interviewee. She had her hair up in a clip, so as to stop it from tangling in the camera strap, but a few stray hairs had fallen across her eyes. She attempted to blow it away, but failed to do so. She huffed, and Katy looked over from her chair. She smiled at the young girl and stood up, walking over towards the photographer.

"Here, otherwise you'll never get it out of your eyes."

Thea smiled thankfully at Katy. "Thanks K."

Dorothea James was the newest member of WTF1, a group of Formula One loving people who created a blog about the sport. It had quickly escalated, and now, they were interviewing drivers left, right and centre.

Thea had only been a part of the WTF1 community for a few months, after seeing an advertisement for a wanted motorsport photographer. Thea had been a petrol head since the day she was born. Her father used to own a motorcycle, and never failed to take her around for a spin around her town. She never forgot the feeling oh the wind through her hair, it was the best feeling in the world.

Thea herself had never been able to take up racing as a hobby, her parents not ever having a lot of money. Instead, she began to go to her local track, and photograph the drivers. It's where she found her passion, and also one of her best friends.

Nia Cate was one of the best drivers Thea had ever seen. She was an amazing overtaker, and knew the exact defensive line she could take, without loosing any time. Thea had approached Nia one day, asking if she was able to photograph her whilst she was racing, and the rest was history. Now, Nia was hunting down a seat in DTM, and Thea was off taking photos of the best drivers in the world : Formula One drivers.

The door of the room flung open and Matt walked in, with the newest interviewee, scanned the room and sighed. "Where's Tommy?"

Thea shrugged. "I don't know. Restroom maybe. He has been gone a while though."

Matt raised his eyebrows. "Great. K will you come help me find him?"

Katy groaned. "Aw really? Can't you go by yourself?"

"No K, cause then I'll get lost and ten Tommy and I will both be missing."

Katy rolled her eyes, and muttered under her breath "Like that's such a bad thing." Before standing up. She grabbed Matt by the upper arm and pulled him out of the room to search for the missing member of the group.

Thea rolled her own eyes, before letting out a deep breath, turning to the driver. "Sorry about that, It's a new venue. We're all a bit lost. Bar Katy. I'm Thea." she introduced herself. She held her hand out to him, but he hesitated in taking it.

He studied her wide eyed, and was taken aback by her beauty. He had never seen anyone like her, her brown hair falling down her face slightly, covering her hazel coloured eyes, which ed were filled with light. She was dainty, almost like a fairy.

"Uh, sorry," he said before taking her hand and shaking it. "Hi, I'm Lando. Norris."

"Nice to meet you." Thea said, smiling at him. She noticed that he was young, her age, and quite attractive. He had curly brown hair, and eyes like sinking ships on water.