C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

*trigger warning, this chapter will mention death and loss of a loved one

if you don't feel comfortable reading this chapter, as it's topics are triggering, i will put a summary off all important details in the authors note at the end ❤️*

THEA and Lando hasn't spoken for a while. Thea could understand why he was angry, but also at the same time didn't think he was being mature.

This was a big opportunity for Thea, and it could help skyrocket her career. Yes of course, it was awkward because she might be working for Lando's team's closet rival, but surely he could see past that and be happy for her?

She supposed the fact she would miss his birthday was another kick in the back. Birthdays had always really been something the two celebrated in their own special way. After her mother's passing, Thea began to resent her birthday, dreading the day she would become a year older. But Lando helped her enjoy the celebrations again, helping her remember that it was her day, and she did the same for him in return.

She was conflicted about the situation, on one hand sympathising with Lando, the next minute resenting him for being immature.

She had been sent more details about the interview a couple of days after her and Lando's interaction, including the hotel she'd be staying in, the flight that had been booked in her her, her time of appointment etc.

She and Nia checked out the hotel, and it was pristine. Definitely within Ferrari's budget.

Thea felt as though she would be out of place in a hotel of that class, and Nia (who needed some maternity clothes anyway) suggested that they go shopping.

In need of a break, Thea agreed.

The pair were currently sat in a small café, dozens of bags between them, taking about their general lives and jobs. Nia's situation with the baby had been sorted with Red Bull, they would hold off the announcement of her signing, and get Dennis Hauger, another Red Bull Junior to fill in for her in the year. When she felt comfortable, she could return to racing with the team.

Thea was impressed with Red Bull's sympathy, but was relieved that Nia didn't have to make a life changing decision this early on in her career.

Suddenly, Thea's phone rang on the table, and she saw the contact name.