C H A P T E R S I X

"SO I told Grant he could bugger off

"SO I told Grant he could bugger off. Margret and I were watching that race." Nana Jean said, as she began a new row of her crochet blanket.

Thea smiled and shook her head. "Trust you Nana."

Nana Jean placed the blanket on her lap as she looked up at her granddaughter. "Speaking of which, Margret and I saw you and Lando on the TV." she gave Thea a knowing look.

"What about it?"

Jean shrugged her shoulders slightly. "Oh it's nothing. You two just seemed awfully close that's all." she said, going back to her work.

Thea looked up. "Nana." she said warningly.

Jean widened her eyes at her granddaughter. "What? Oh come on, you can't blame your Nana for asking." It was silent for a seconds before Nana Jean spoke up again, "I mean, it would be nice to have Lando as an official part of the family..."

"Nana!" Thea exclaimed, letting out a disbelieving laugh.

"Alright, alright. I'll leave it." Jean started to crochet again as she continued on talking to her granddaughter. "Oh, how's your sister?"

Thea frowned. "Sister?"

"Nia."

Thea looked at her grandmother, concerned. "Nana Nia's just my best friend. We aren't related."

Nana Jean took a few seconds before she waved a dismissive hand. "Oh yes of course. Well how is she?"

Thea answered her question, but the concerned look was still embedded on her face. "She's good. We're meeting up at the next race so I should get to speak to her properly then."

"That's good. Send my love over." Jean said.

Thea nodded. "Will do Nana."  Her phone buzzed on the arm of the chair she was sat on and she looked at the message.

Thea looked back up at her grandmother

Thea looked back up at her grandmother. "Lando's outside. I'm gonna' head off okay?"

Nana Jean made to get up out of her chair but Thea rushed over to her, "It's okay Nana." She wrapped her arms around her grandmother and sighed.

Jean patted her granddaughter on the back slightly. "I may be an old women but I can still get out of my chair dear." she joked.

Thea let out a nervous chuckled and pulled back. She gave her grandmother a kiss on the cheek before she bid her final goodbyes.

Her nervous expression returned on her face as she went looking for Jean's career. When she stopped him, and called for him. "John!"

John turned around and smiled at Thea. "Hey, how was your visit?"

Thea let out a small cough, "She thought Nia was my sister."

John's expression changed slightly. "I'll write it down. I saw Lando's car outside, you go on." He gave her a quick hug.

"Tell Henry I say hi okay?" Thea made him promise, before she hurried out of the care home and towards Lando's slick black McLaren.

She jumped in the passengers seat and threw her head back against the headrest. "She could talk for England that woman." she breathed.

Lando let out a snicker at her words. She turned to him and gave him a small smile. "Hey."

Lando returned her smile. "Hey. You okay?"

Thea shrugged. "Yeah. Just about. I'm still tired from the weekend." she explained.

Lando nodded, then gestured his head towards the carehome. "How is she?" he asked. He knew how close Thea was with her grandmother, and knew that Thea had noticed a few unnatural things recently. He just wanted to make sure she was okay, it was the most important thing for him.

"She thought Nia was my sister." Thea let out weakly.

Lando made an attempt to make her feel better. "Yeah well everyone thinks that about you two."

"Not my relatives." Thea sighed. She turned her head to look out of the window, biting the inside of her lip, an anxiety habit she had picked up in high school.

Lando looked at her sympathetically. He brought his arm over the gearstick and took hold on Thea's hand, which had been resting on her thigh. He squeezed her hand slightly, intertwining their fingers. He rubbed his thumb gently across her hand, as she turned to look at him.

"She'll be okay. Okay?" he assured her.

Thea only nodded. Lando squeezed her hand again, and pulled her towards him slightly. She hurried her face in his neck, resting on his shoulder. He used his free arm to wrap around her shoulder, and ran his fingers through the ends of her hair. He placed his chin on top of her head.

Thea wrapped her own free arm around Lando's middle, and let out a deep breath. Lando always knew how to calm her down, and gave the best hugs.

Lando placed a kiss to the top of her head, and they pulled away from each other slightly so they could face each other. He cupped her face in his hands and ran his thumb across her cheek. Thea saw Lando's eyes flicker across her face slightly. "You okay?" he asked her, his voice gentle.

Thea nodded. "I'm okay." She leaned into his hand and closed her eyes. "Can I just sleep?" she said, letting out a small chuckle.

Lando chuckled too. "You can sleep on the way home, then we can watch a film. I'll lay off traning today." He returned his hands to the steering wheel and started the car up. Thea leant her head against the window. but shifted so she was facing Lando in her seat.

As they started driving, she smiled to herself slightly. She could see what Nana Jean meant about her and Lando. They were couple-y. But nothing would ever happen between them like that.

Right?

————

lol no thea babe wrong