The Heirloom and the Maid

ZERO NO TSUKAIMA

KNIGHT OF NO KINGDOM

CHAPTER 5

*DISCLAIMER*

THIS IS A WORK OF FANFICTION, AND AS SUCH ALL THE CONTENT FROM THE ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL BELONGS TO NOBORU YAMAGUCHI AS THE AUTHOR OF THIS SERIES AND I OWN NOTHING OF IT.

<*>

(Kyle James Brandon, Tristain Academy of Magic,
2 hours later after Kito and Saito left the Academy)

Alright, that's it!

Where the hell did that kid go???

After we head back from the stables, that kid decided to go off on his own and he hasn't come back, it's been more than an hour, it's already dark and the moon is above us, there are only torches and candles along the wall that are barely lighting up some areas around the hallway where I'm standing right now... all alone.

the crackling of fire from the torches and the barely lit up hallway is the only one who's accompanying me, not a single soul, the rest of my squad already head inside our living quarters, as for the maids and cooks... probably finishing after dinner or having theirs at the moment.

speaking of dinner...

"...I could use a bite..." I held my stomach as it grumbles clearly into my ears, if anyone was around, I'm pretty sure they will hear it too.

"Sigh... it's only been a week since he ended up here, if he starts making trouble already, I'm going to be in trouble, and then he's going to have a problem with me" I said to myself, I took out something from my vest, a flask, taking a sip out of it, what's inside? something to soothe the rough day.

After standing around for what felt like hours and it probably is, I decided that was enough waiting and head back! with a heavy breath, I turn around and start heading back, my stomach is rumbling and it gets pretty fucking chilly around these parts during this time, so I hastily head straight down the stairs into the basement.

In front of me is a dark wooden door with metal framing around the sides, and behind it, wooden stairs that lead down into the common room, it's where I and every guard in this academy spent most of our free time. for a basement, you'd probably expect it to be cold, damp, dark, and sad... but surprisingly it wasn't the case at all! we have food, it's warm and inviting, I have fellas that I can rely on for the most part and a roof over our heads! it's still a basement and it's probably ain't much but hey, it's home for me.

opening the door with the usual creeky old wood sound, the first thing that catches me is the brightly shining fire coming from the fireplace, spreading its warmth around the vicinity of the room and lighting it with a warm amber glow. you could even hear the laughter before you got in, in fact, that laugh is very familiar as i could immediately recognize it from behind the door,

"...But once he stepped out, all of a sudden he slips from an empty shell on the ground, fell, and smacked his face right onto the guy's arse HAHAHA... I still remember how chaotic that was HAHA... whew I miss that ol' wanker... god rest his soul"

"rest in peace... but anyway, didn't you already tell this story like a week ago? like come on seriously!??" Vanessa, the scarlet-haired woman said back with a grunt.