Chapter Ten

*Lana's POV*
It's 3 am. I can't sleep. I want to talk to Jen, but she's not answering. This is awful. I hate hospitals. I hate being alone. I hate being alone in hospitals. This is hell on earth.
*Jen's POV*
It's 3 am. Nina and I are just getting off the plane. Nina yawned as we walked through the airport. We went to baggage claim and our bags were already there. We got them and began walking out of the airport. I sighed, thinking about paparazzi. I stopped and Nina looked up at me. "Okay kid. There might be paparazzi out here. So, stay close to me. Do not talk to them. Okay?" I said. She nodded and we walked out. Sure enough, cameras started flashing. Seriously? It's 3 am. Go home. I grabbed Nina's hand with my free hand and we walked towards my car. "Jennifer! Where's Lana!" "Why'd you leave Lana." "Is Lana okay." "Who's this kid." "Why is she here." "Is she your kid." "Did you know about her." Nina and I put all our stuff in my car and climbed in. "I-is that what your life's like all the time?" She asked. I sighed. "Yeah." I said. She shook her head. "That's ridiculous." She said. I nodded. "It is." I said. She nodded. I drove towards Lana's house. When we got there, I opened the door and pulled my phone out of my pocket. Lana's called me several times. I quickly dialed her back as I walked Nina to the guest room. "Hey babe." Lana said. I smiled. "Hey baby girl. What's up?" I asked. "I can't sleep." She said. "I'm sorry baby." I said. "It's okay. Why are you still up?" She asked. "We just got off the plane." I said. "Ah." She said. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." She said. "I miss you." I said. "I miss you much more." She said. "Not possible." I said. "Okay babe. Keep thinking that." She said. I chuckled. "So, I'm going to take Nina to shop tomorrow. Her bitchy step-mom sold her stuff. Except for her clothes. So, I'm going to buy her whatever she wants." I said. I heard Lana chuckle. "Spoil her." Lana said. "Believe me. I will." I said. "I can't wait to get out of this damn place. I absolutely hate hospitals." She said. I frowned. "I know baby girl. But, it will be sooner than you think." I said. "I know. But, I just want to be with you and Nina. You're my family." She said. I smiled. "We want to be with you too, but your health is more important." I said. "Ugghhh. Can't you just.. Complain or something?" She said. I smiled again. "I could. But, you need to stay until you're released." I said. "Fine." She whined. "I love you." I said. "I love you too. I'll call you tomorrow morning." She said. I smiled. "Okay baby girl." I said and she hung up. I walked to Nina's room. She was putting her clothes in the dresser. She had put her blanket on the bed. It's a tie dye blanket and it has her name, stitched in the bottom right corner. I smiled. "So, Nina. We have to leave here at 9:15." I said. She nodded. "Do you need me to wake you up?" I asked. "Can you?" She asked, timidly. "Of course kiddo. Try to get some sleep. My room is right down the hall if you need me." I said. She nodded. I walked out of her room and to my own room. I got to my room and flopped down on the bed. After 45 minutes of not being able to sleep, I texted Lana. It's 4:15 am. Maybe she'll be awake. I sent a simple "are you still up?" After 5 minutes of waiting, I stopped waiting for a reply. 4:30 am. "Yes. Why are you still awake?" I smiled at the text. "Can't sleep. Not the same without you." I sent. "But you have work tomorrow." She replied. I sighed before typing my answer. "Yeah. But, just a meeting." "Not a good reason not to sleep. Rest. You need it." "But, I want to talk to you." "Well. I'm not replying until later. I love you babe. Sleep." I sighed. "Lanaaaaa." No reply. "I love you too." "Lana. Please reply." "Lana." No reply. I sighed and put my phone on the nightstand. I laid down and fell asleep after 10 minutes.
I woke up and looked around the room. It's 5 am. It was dark. I was alone. I heard screaming, so I stood up and walked to Nina's room. I opened her door and froze immediately. "Hey Jennifer. You took away my family. So, guess what. I'm taking away yours. And this time? I'm not alone." The man said. Then, two arms grabbed me. "No! Let me go! Leave Nina alone!" I screamed and struggled against the arms. "Did you miss me babe?" The voice whispered in my ear. "No! Let me go!" I screamed through a stressed voice. Nina was screaming. "Nina! Don't worry it's going to be okay." I screamed. Then, the man pulled out a gun. Nina froze and I did too. He shot her in the head. She fell back onto the bed and blood began pooling around her. Tears began running down my cheeks and I began screaming again. "Why are you doing this to me?!" I screamed. The man in the orange jumpsuit smiled evilly. "I already told you, blondie. Mess with my family, you're fucked." He spit. "Why couldn't you have just killed me?! She didn't do anything!" I screamed and struggled against the arms holding me again. "Because. You have to suffer. We're going for your precious Lana next." He said. "No! Please!" I screamed. He smiled evilly and walked past me. The man holding me, threw me to the floor and they both left. I ran to Nina and began crying hysterically. "No. Nina I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." I sobbed. Then, everything went dark.
I sat up quickly, my heart pounding in my chest and my breathing shallow. It was only a nightmare. My body was covered in sweat and I looked around. It's still dark. I looked at the alarm clock and its 5:15. I shot out of bed and moved towards Nina's room. I pushed her door open and saw she was still peacefully sleeping and there was no one in her room. I released a sigh of relief and went back to my room. I turned the tv on and changed it to Netflix. I chose Friends and started watching it. I grabbed my phone and began typing a text. "Lana, I know you said you wouldn't reply, but please. I had a nightmare and I'm really freaking out. I can't sleep." I sent. I began crying out of fear and I put my head in my hands. 5:30 and my phone starts ringing. "H-hello?" I asked. "Babe, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Lana asked. I sighed. "I'm terrified. What if it actually happens?" I asked. "Tell me what happened." She said. I sighed again. "I woke up to screaming. I ran to Nina's room and saw a man in a prison jumpsuit. I started screaming at him to leave her alone. Then, another man grabbed me and held me back. He said I had to suffer. He shot Nina in the head, then said he was coming for you. And then, they left and I woke up." I said. "Who were the two men?" She asked. I sighed and didn't answer. "Jen. Who were they?" She asked. "Fred and Sebastian." I said. "Babe, it's okay. It won't happen. There's no way fred can get out of prison. Okay?" She said. "O-okay." I stuttered. We talked until 9 o'clock. "Okay, I have to go to work baby girl. I'll call you later." I said. "Okay. Tell everyone I miss them." She said. I smiled. "Okay. I love you baby girl." I said. "I love you too. And Jen?" She said. "Yeah?" I asked. "I miss you." She said. I smiled. "I miss you too. I'll see you soon. Okay?" I said. "Okay." She said. "I don't want to hang up." I said. "I don't want you to hang up." She said. I smiled. "I don't want you to either." I said. "I really miss you Jen." She said. I sighed. "I miss you too." I said. "Ugh. I want to hold you." I said. "I love you." She said. I smiled weakly. "I love you too." I said. "Hug Nina for me and tell her I love her." She said. I smiled. "I will. Bye baby girl." I said. She hung up. I sighed. I walked to Nina's room and she smiled. She was wearing jeans, a black tank top, a red and grey flannel shirt and black vans. She was straightening her hair. "You're only 12?" I asked and chuckled. She smiled. "Almost 13." She said. I smiled. "So, when's your birthday?" I asked. "April 21st." She said. I nodded. "So, a month from tomorrow." I said. She nodded again. I smiled. "Well, I'm going to change clothes, then we'll be ready to go." I said. She nodded and I walked back to my room. I put on jeans, a white tank top, a white sweater and a pair of tan riding boots. I put my phone in my back pocket, then walked back to Nina's room. "Ready?" I asked. "Ready." She said and we walked towards the door. I locked it as Nina walked out and I closed it behind me. We walked to my car and got in. I drove towards set. "Pick something to listen to." I said. She nodded and began messing with the radio. She stopped on a station playing Bubbly by Colbie Caillat. I smiled. "I like this song." She said. I nodded. "Me too." I said. She smiled. "Lana said she loves you. I forgot to tell you." I said. Nina nodded. "I'll give you her number later." I said. She nodded again. I pulled up on set and parked beside Rose's blue mustang. "Jared is 13. He's cool. You'll most likely be doing your school and stuff with him." I said. She smiled and blushed lightly. "He's cute." She said quietly. I smiled. "You think so?" I asked. She nodded. We got out and walked to the group meeting place. "Jen!" Megan screamed and hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back. "I missed you!" She shouted. I laughed. "I missed you too." I said. "Where's Lana? Don't tell me you guys broke up.." She said. I shook my head and laughed. "No. We didn't break up. Didn't you hear? Fred shot her." I said sadly. "He what?!" She screamed. I nodded. "He's in prison. Got a life sentence." I said. She nodded. "So... Did Lana like..." She started. "No. She didn't die. She's just still in the hospital in New York." I said. She nodded again. "Good. I don't know what I'd do without my Lamabear." Megan said. I chuckled. "I'll tell her you said that." I said. She nodded. "Tell her that her Megaboo misses her." She said. I shook my head and laughed. "I will." I said. She smiled. "Who's this?" She asked and looked at Nina. I smiled and held out my hand for Nina. She grabbed it and I pulled her to me. She half-hugged my waist and I smiled. "This is Nina. She's Lana and I's daughter." I said with a wide smile. "Hi Nina. I'm Megan." She said. Nina smiled. "You play Ruby. Right?" Nina asked. Megan smiled and nodded. After everyone got there, Adam and Eddy walked over. Nina stood beside me and stared at the ground. I looked around and saw Jared. He's staring at Nina. I looked around and a lot of people are staring at her. Including Adam and Eddy. "Jen. Would you like to introduce your friend?" Adam asked. I smiled and looked down at Nina. "This is Nina Foster. And as of yesterday, she is Lana and I's daughter." I said with a big smile. Everyone 'aww'ed and smiled. I chuckled. "How old are you?" Jared asked. I smirked. "I'm 12. Almost 13." Nina said. Jared smiled at her and nodded. "Okay. Well, Uh, where is Lana?" Eddy asked. Everyone looked sad now. Including Nina and I. "She uh.. She's in the hospital in New York still. Uh.. When Fred got out of jail the first time.. He came and shot Lana..." I said. Eddy's eyes went wide. "How did I miss that?" He asked. I shrugged. Nina sighed and I wrapped my arms around her. I hugged her and she hugged me. "Alright. So, I bet you all are wondering why we called you here, a day before we're supposed to start shooting." Adam said. We all just looked around. Adam and Eddy looked at me. I raised an eyebrow. "Lana and Jennifer were on Live with Kelly and Michael and they made their relationship public." Eddy said. I nodded. Everyone looked confused. I'm pretty confused too. "Our ratings are through the roof thanks to the free publicity." Adam said. "From us confirming dating rumors?" I asked. He nodded. "The LGBT community is reaching out like nobody's business." Eddy said. "Now that we have two lesbian couples, they're reaching out. They're going crazy about you guys." Adam said and looked at me, then looked at Rose and Rebecca. They've been dating for a year. "So, that's really all. See you guys at 5:30 tomorrow morning!" Eddy shouted. "Hey Nina." Jared said and ran over. "I'm going to go talk to Megan. I'll be back." I said. Nina nodded. I walked to Megan and we both watched Nina and Jared. "So, how do you like Canada so far?" He asked. Nina shrugged. "Haven't really been anywhere yet." She said. He smiled. "Well, maybe we can hang out sometime when I'm not shooting." He said. I smiled. Nina nodded. "I'd like that." Nina said. He smiled. "So, can I have your number?" He asked. She nodded. They both got out their phones and handed them to each other. After a few seconds, they handed them back to each other. They were both smiling. This is the happiest I've seen Nina since I met her. She deserves to be happy. "She kinda looks like you." Megan said. I nodded. "She looks a lot like me actually..." I said. Megan hummed her agreement. It's not like she's my kid. I think I'd remember having a kid. Right?