The Mentalists: Final Part

Sam and Dean stopped at the same restaurant that Nikolai bent Sam's spoon to get something to eat. Melanie already gave her thanks to Sam and Dean for what they did, so all they have to do now is eat and then part ways.

"In the bed? They were in the bed?" Dean groans.

"Yeah."

"Ugh. I can't believe he was boning her."

"Can I get you anything else?" the same waiter as before asks with a smile.

"Uh, just a refill, and if you affirmate me, I'm gonna punch you in the face."

Sam looks away with an amused smile, but the waiter isn't as amused.

"Alrighty then. Refill coming up."

"I can't wait to get out of this fucking fortune cookie," Dean shudders.

Sam and Dean finish eating and head back out to the car. Dean doesn't want to see his brother go a second time, but Sam does something that shocks Dean. He places all his bags inside the car Dean is using for the time being.

"That's your stuff," Dean points out.

"Yeah. I figured we'd take one car."

"Works for me. You still want to break my face?"

"No," Sam smiles. "Uh, not at this moment. Look, you know what? Um... you were right... about Amy. If she was... just any monster, I'm not sure I could have let her walk away. I don't know. I mean, I'll never know."

"So, what are you saying...?"

"What I'm saying is... I get why you did it. You were just trying to make sure no one else got hurt. But here's the thing... you can't just look me in the face and tell me you're fine. I mean, you're not sleeping, you drink for the record—"

"Oh, here we go," Dean rolls his eyes.

"Look, whatever, man. I'm the last one to preach, I know, but just be honest with me. How are those the actions of someone who knows they did the right thing?"

"You want me to be honest?"

"Yeah."

"I went with my gut, and that felt right. I didn't trust her, Sam. Of course, ever since Cas, I'm having a hard time trusting anybody. And as far as how I've been acting... I don't know. Maybe it's 'cause I don't like lying to you or to Y/N... especially her. I'm going to be married to her soon, you know? It doesn't feel right. So, yeah, you got me there. I've been climbing the walls."

"I know how that is, but if I learned one thing from that museum, sibling acts are tough."

"Oh, don't compare us to that hall of crazy," Dean scoffs and walks around to the driver's side door. "We're like poster kids of functional family life compared to them."

"It's a low bar," Sam chuckles and walks to the passenger's side door.

"Well, hey... grading on a curve has got me past everything since kindergarten, so don't knock it."

"Whatever you say." They both get in the car, and then something crosses Sam's mind. "I still want to know how that guy bent my spoon."

"Forget it, Sam. It's Lily Dale." Dean pulls onto the road and starts to head back to Bobby's cabin. "Right now, we gotta figure out a way to save our girl."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam, Dean, and your dad have all been staring at your body for the past ten minutes. Dean holds a bubbling Joanna in his arms since she has absolutely no idea what is going on. Nothing has happened since Sam and Dean got home, and if nothing has happened in the past two weeks, then what's the chance of it happening now? Dean is about ready to pull his own hair out when something happens.

Your blue magic swirls around your body in a shimmering mist, and Joanna coos when she sees it. She seems to be connecting to it on a much deeper level than Sam or Dean can process. The magic evaporates, and you're left lying like how you were just a second ago. Suddenly, you take in a deep breath and your eyes open.

"Y/N!"

"You're awake!"

"Thank God!"

All three voices jumble in your head, and you hold up a hand to silence them.

"Too much at once," you groan.

You move to sit up, and Sam takes your elbow in his hand to help you. Joanna smiles when she sees you, and your eyes immediately fill with tears. You're not sure why they are, but all you know is that you want to hold her. Dean sees the need in your eyes, so he hands over your daughter. As soon as you're holding her, you give her a hug and rock her gently.

"What the hell happened?"

"How long was I out?"

"Two weeks. What happened with those Leviathans?" Dean asks, taking a seat next to you.

"I used way too much magic at once. Apparently, it takes a lot more than two sources of power to take down two of them. If I'm going to beat their boss, I have to be smarter. The biggest fight has yet to come, so I can't waste it on these little battles. I promise, I'm okay. I feel a lot better–better than I have felt these past few months."

"We were so worried about you," Dean sighs and wraps an arm around you.

"I'm good, Dean," you nod. "I know what to do now and how to do it."

Joanna waves her tiny arms up and down, and you pepper her head with tiny kisses. You're going to do everything in your power to protect her, even if it means from you.