Peter pt. 1

"Run, y/n! Run!"

Peter drags me along as we run for our lives, swarms of the undead chasing us.

"We have to keep moving!"

My legs and lungs burn as he pulls me around another corner.

"Peter," I gasp, "I can't keep running."

"You have to! We're almost to the bunker!"

I trip and fall, nearly taking him down with me. He pulls me back to my feet and continues to pull me along.

"Just a bit further! Don't give up!"

We round another corner and I can see the bunker in the distance.

"Come on! We're almost there!"

He starts to run faster, tightening his grip on my hand to keep me with him as I stumble behind him. We finally reach the bunker and Peter releases the death grip on my hand to open the door.

I look back and see the swam getting closer.

I quickly reach down and help Peter pull open the thick, heavy, metal door.

"Go! Go! Go!"

He all but pushes me inside once it's opened just enough then scrambles in after me, tagging the door closed behind him. We're engulf in darkness. I can hear Peter latch the heavy bolts on the door as I run my hand along the wall, looking for a light switch.

"Y/n?"

"I'm here," I call still looking for a switch. My hand finally meet a large switch and I grin in triumph as I pull it.

The hum of electricity sounds for a few seconds before the fluorescent lights flicker on.

"Ta-da," I sing song.

Peter chuckles weakly as he leans over, hands on his knees, as he tries to catch his breath. I lean against the wall and sink to the floor, closing my eyes and trying to take deep breaths.

"There wasn't supposed to be that many here," I say, breaking the silence, "Kaleb was wrong."

I can feel tears stab at the back of my eyes at the thought of Kaleb.

Images of those things tearing him to pieces leak into my mind. He sacrificed himself for Peter and me.

"You guys get out of here," he heaves as we hide in the abandoned convince store, "I'll keep em busy."

"What are you going to do?" Peter asks, his brows furrowing.

Kaleb gives us a weak, apologetic smile.

"Wait," realization hits me, "no we can all make it."

"No we can't," he puts his hands on my shoulders, "but you and Peter can."

Tears start to cascade from my eyes.

"No you have to come with us," I cry.

"Hey it's gonna be okay," he wraps his big arms around me, "imma still be with you. I love you, pipsqueak."

I cry harder as he pulls away. He takes off his jacket and puts it over my shoulders.

He starts to back up, picking up his pace a bit.

"Take care of my sister, Pete," he points to Peter who's also on the verge of tears.

He nods anyways.

Kaleb gives us one last smile before turning around and running into the small open area.

"Hey over here you dipshits!" He yells at the top of his lungs as he waves his arms around.