3: the farm house

the ride was long and kind of awkward for both of them. Theo's family didn't own a phone so he couldn't call them and give his wife a heads up' hey babe were taking in a a runaway'.  ava was nervous for that. I mean what are the going to think of her, i kid who hit her own mom. ava sure as hell will not tell then she almost kill derek. that will never be said to ANY one.

ava was fast asleep when they arrived. they were on the road for  about 9 more hours so it was about 10:28 when they got to the farm. theo lightly shook ava awake while his two five year old son were running across the fresh cut grass field towards the truck. ava awoke as theo turned around to greet his kids.

ava got up quickly to not embarrass herself in front of his wife and kids. theo picked his kids up and swirled them around laughing with the kids. ava smiled at the scene. she liked it when theo was happy or just smiling. it was nice to see a good man to be honestly happy in this kind of world. a very pregnant women came into view, watching her kids and husband having fun. ava got out  the truck caching her attention.

she eyed her but still smiled out of kindness. theo put his kids down and said " whooo that was a a work out. you kid got so big, maybe it time you start moving hay around with me ya".

" no daddy no!" both the boy giggled running there mom hiding behind her. " hun, who is this." she asked him looking t her again. "oh this is ava, ava this is my wife abby and my two sons tommy and Jackson. Abby is seven mouths pregnant with are fist and last baby girl." he boosted confidently.

ava smiled at the women and offered to shake hand. " nice to meet you abby and i must said theo here forgot to mention you were pregnant." ava teased. Abby pretend to be offended at her husband. " really honey, your always telling people I'm pregnant." theo laughed and said sorry.

" your really pretty ma'am" said one of the boy. "aahhh thank you. your very well mannered. the girls will love you." ava said slightly teasing the boy. the boy made a grossed out face as girls were mentioned. Abby laughed as she watched the small conversation between the two. "come in side, you have some explaining to do mister." abby said scolding theo, he shamelessly surrendered and all five of then walked to the small white brick house.

the house was warm and cozy. the kitchen and living room were linked to gather with a a hallway just in between them. down the hallway there was two room a and a nursery. ava went  with the boys to let the adults have their conversation.

they boys room was simple. two twins bed, one chest, two homemade dressers, and one closet. the walls were painted blue with trucks of all sorts all around driving on roads. the twins played and played toy cars and fireman with ava not noticing the hush voicing that didn't even now they got louder. 

" why did you bring a girl back home." abby hissed at theo. " she was roaming the highway and she just ran away from a abusive family. she travailing west and you know i have a work trip headed west in 3 mouths. she's a kid abby, i couldn't just leave her there." theo reasoned with his wife. 

" theo I'm due in just TWO mouths. i don't believe we can handle a run away right know. look she looks like sweet girl but maybe she lied. you don't know." Abby said trying to get her sense into her husbands head. theo sighed annoyed but kept his cool. 

" did you not see the big red hand print on her face Abby, who knows what is beneath." theo said getting frustrated. Abby thought for a moment and her eyes went wide in realization. Abby stood their a minute, thinking." fine she can stay but she better be gone when you get back from that work trip of yours." she finally agreed to let ava stay. theo smiled happily and made his way to the boys room.

" guess who staying for while boys." theo said opening the door. "AVA!" the boys yelled. ava laughed as the three jumped around ava, chanting her name. Abby heard the commotion and laughed to.

later that night at dinner ava ate with the loving family. ava sat beside Theo's  and tommy. Jackson sat across from her and abby was pouring the food out on the plates. ava offered to help, but abby insisted she do it herself. it was mash potatoes and steak with raw peas. all they had to drink was milk from one of there 15 cows. ava took a sip and was surprised how different it tasted to the store bought version she always had back at 'home'. " haha, i know it tast different then the store version. sorry if you don't like it." Abby apologized when she sat down in her seat. 

" no its fine... i quit like it more if I'm going to be honest. it very....natural i guess i could say. " ava said making abby smile again. " well let pray." announced theo. he held out his hand to his wife and ava. ava was hesitant to hold his hand. she only ever did this with miss Sherly and other and no one else. but she held his hand and prayed with the family. 

the mash potatoes was smooth and creamy in ava's mouth. a sadness came over ava as she missed miss Sherly dearly. she felt deeply sorry for what she did and most likely scared miss Sherly very munch. ava was broken out of her trace by abby " you alright dear." she asked with concern. 

" yeah just missing someone." ava replied then stuffed her mouth full with peas. Abby nodded, believing her words and continued to talk with her husband. ava kept the boys company and even helped clean them up after dinner.

" you can either sleep in the living room or on the boys floor." Abby said holding a blanket and pillow in her hands. " ill sleep in the living room. thanks." ava said thanking her. " no problem kid." theo said coming from behind, scuffing up her hair. ava swatted at his hand. " good night dear." Abby said chuckling." night abby." ava replied. ava changed into a t-shirt and black sweat pants.

the house warm all night long as ava slept on the couch. at the struck of 6 am, ava was awoken by tommy and jackson jumping on her. ava groaned trying to get the boys off her. ava glared at the twin boys as they screeched and ran away. ava quickly ran after them. she was about to catch them when theo wrapped his arms around her yelling " RUN BOYS, RRRUUUNNN!"

the boys got away and ava glared a head as theo carried her to the kitchen.

bbooyyyaaaa I'm on a roll. a chapter every day, bbuuuutttt i definitely wont be doing this every day when fall break is over

(p.s watermelon gum is better then fruity gum)

1231 words