ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

"Did you find them?" Lilly nervously whispered to Dewey who was typing so slowly that the teenage girl beside him was contimplating whether not she should slap his brains out. "You sure it was the hilton?" Dewey paused, studying the poor girls expression. She nodded, breathing out deeply through her nose as she tried not to notice the absence of her bestfriend.

"At the airport." She confirmed. "Their not registered there.." Dewey said softly, still searching for Lilly's missing parents. The small brunette held her face in her hands as she took a deep breath. "Could they have stayed somewhere else?" Dewey pressed, leaning to the girl and giving her a small reassuring smile. Lily shrugged, "I dunno, Dewey.. I guess." She sniffed.

Dewey stared at the pretty young girl. She was remarkably beautiful and kind and the older man felt his heart swell for her. He reached out and patted her leg in a comforting way. "We'll find them." He said firmly.

Another officer approached from behind Dewey dropping a few papers onto the desk infront of him. "Dewey, they got that mask in." The man informed before padding away. Dewey quickly jumped to his feet, "I'll be right back," He said to Lily as he charged away. 

Lily fumbled with her hands in her lap, knowing if she looked up, he would be right there. Usually she found herself quite a confident kind of person. But after everything she's been through the past few days, her parents going missing, finding out that not only her crush but her bestfriend was the masked killer that had been harassing her and one of her bestfriends was murdered only hours earlier, this seemed to change her personality quite a bit. 

When she finally lifted her head she made intense eye contact with Billy through the glass and blinds of the room not far from her. Billy and his father were being questioned, interigated, whatever you want to call it. His dark eyes were scanning her soft face as she diverted her gaze. His signature slicked back hair was falling out of place and giving him the popular 'badboy' look that had the girls drooling these days. Lily would usually be secretly cooing over this, if she was in a different situation.

She noticed he had turned in his and was once again staring her down. She decided to be brave and held his gaze, narrowing her eyes to try and show him the obvious expression she was feeling. If he did kill Casey Becker, her boyfriend and Sidney, Lily would have no problem beating him to a pulp. But could she really be sure? She didn't know.

When Billy was dragged out of the room by two officers, Lily tried once again not to look at him. He squirmed in the officers grip, the two of them having to hold him down firmly as he was nearly as strong as them combined.

"Lilly, Baby. C'mon- You know me! Lily, Lily! Look at me! C'mon- Lilly!!" He pleaded, his dad trailing behind him. 

Once he had finally left, Lily felt a presence behind her as Tatum approached. She tugged the brunette into a side hug, whispering kind and reassuring words to her as she sobbed. "We'll get you out of here, It's gonna be okay, Lily," The blonde stayed strong for Lily's sake, even though deep down her heart was drowing in grief. "Hey, Dewey, can we go now?"

Tatum got up from her knees and stood timidly behind where Lily was seated. "Hold on a second." Dewey tried, still in conversation with the sherrif. "Goshdamn it, Dewey!" "What did mama tell you? When I wear this badge, you treat me like a man of the law!" 

The two siblings launched into a childlish argument. "I'm sorry, Deputy Dewey-boy, but we're ready to go. Now, okay?" The other officers quietly snickered and laughed, Dewey was looking nervously around at his coworkers. Tatum swiftly grabbed Lily and led her out the back way, as she was told.

The two girls shoes crunched on the concrete as they stood waiting for Dewey. He had dissapeared in the night, promising he'd be back with the car. The pair gripped eachothers hands, shivering as the cool breeze tugged at their clothes.

"Lily! Lily!" Lily and Tatum spun around to see a news reporter hobbling towards them on her expensive looking heels. A cameran was trailing behind her like a little lost puppy, he held a grim expression as he held the camera up to the brunettes face. Lily recognised this lady from TV, Gale Weathers. "What happened? Are you all right?" Gale gave herself what Lily thought must be a faux expression of worry on her petite face that was smothered in makeup. Gale shoved her microphone in the younger girls face, eagerly waiting for answers.

"She's not answering any questions." Tatum defended for her, stepping in front of the smaller girl and guarding her from the swarm of more quickly approaching reporters. "Just leave is alone."

"Tatum," Lilly stepped out from behind her, feeling like she had, had enough bull$hit for today. Lilly let her eyes drag up and down Gales body, she was dressed in a button up yellow coat "It's okay. She's just doin' her job, right, Gale?" Lilly slapped a the sweetest fakest smile she could muster to go with her sarcastic sentence. Gale didn't seem to pick up on this. "Yes, that's right."

"So, how's the book?" Lilly heard the roar of the cars engine behind her, Dewey's here.

"Well, it'll be out later this year." "Oh, I'll look for it." Lilly tried to turn away, her fury burning fiercly for her now gone bestfriend.

"I'll send you a copy-" Gale began. Before she could finish the sentence coming out of her lips caked in bright red lipstick, Lilly turned around and extended her arm to collide her fist into Gales face. She fell back in suprise, being caught instintly by her trusty camera man. The crowd of people let out gasps and suprised expressions. Sure, Sidney may be gone, but Lily new her beliefs and why couldn't this bitchh leave her them the heck alone?!

"Nice shot." The camera man complemented as Dewey finally made his way over to them, eyeing the crumbled Gale on the ground. "Bitch." Gale growled.

"No, I mean the camera shot-"

"Where'd you learn to punch like that?" Dewey hummed as he dragged the fuming Lily away from the scene.

➽──────────────────────────────❥

"Thats our girl." Stu commented as he watched the scene go down from the nearby trees. He was crouched behind the leaves, his ghostly white mask standing out against the moonlight glow. He itched to be near her, to touch her, to feel her skin on his. But. As Billy had told him many times, if he wanted all this, he needed to stick to the plan.

Stupid plans.

His lips curled upwards in a predatory grin as he remembered he was calling her tonight. He gets to hear her angelic voice up close, every little gasp that slipped from her lips and every heavy breath that oozed through the phone. He could hear it already. His precious little Lilly.

"Wait. Just wait. You will be ours." He hummed contently to Lily as she dissapeared into Deweys cop car. "Soon.." With that he swiftly jumped to his feet and faded into the darkness of the trees surrounding him.