Marriage

In a few days, Riley and I would get married. A few close friends and family were invited. We wanted it to be a small affair. Esme was able to provide Riley with brown contact lenses so that his family wouldn't get suspicious. 

It was Alice who organized our wedding, and she ordered me a beautiful vintage wedding gown from Paris. 

  When I saw it, I was blown away

  When I saw it, I was blown away. It made me feel like Audrey Hepburn. There were only a few days left until the wedding, then before we knew it, we were getting married. I felt calm and at peace as I was getting ready for the big day. 

Alice, Rosalie, Esme, and Bella were my bridesmaids. I had each of them wear blue and silver for our wedding colors. 

  Alice did my makeup while Rosalie did my hair. Rose said, "Wow, little sis is getting married!". "I'm so excited, I'm glad I found Riley." I grinned. "We are all so happy for you." Esme said proudly, I couldn't have asked for a better mother figure in my life.

"Thank you," I said as I looked in the mirror to see my reflection.  A part of me felt emotional because I knew I would never be able to age and I haven't for one hundred and eight years, but as I was about to get married; I was able to feel human again.

Suddenly, my sister asked me a significant question. 

 "Lily? Who do you want to walk you down the aisle?" Alice asked with a kind smile. I thought for a moment; Carlisle took on the role of being mine and Edward's father with willingness, and he took us in as his own, Emmett was always a good big brother; he was always protective of me and always made me laugh, Jasper was someone in my family I could talk to about anything;  he understood emotions better than anyone due to his ability to control emotions. 

Finally, my brother Edward. He is my biological brother. Throughout thick and thin, he has been there for me; we have both been at the brink of death. Even though we have had our disagreements in the past; we still loved each other. I trusted Edward with my life. 

I had made my decision.

"Tell Edward I want him to walk me down the aisle." I told Alice. "I'll tell him," Bella offered. I smiled, "Thanks Bella." 

I was all set for the wedding soon. My auburn hair was in elegant curls that reminded me of my days in the twentieth century, and the white veil was woven into my hair. Alice had done my makeup beautifully, and the brown eyeshadow with a hint of black made my gold eyes pop. I was in awe, and I was perfectly happy. 

"My baby sister is growing up," Edward smiled proudly when he saw me. I hadn't seen that he and Bella had come back into the room together. "But I'm not a baby," I laughed. As he stepped towards me, he gave me a brotherly hug and said, "You were always wise beyond your years." "Thanks Edward," I smiled and hugged him back. 

"Are you ready?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm ready," I grinned.  

Everyone else was outside, sitting in their seats. Alice, and my sisters were waiting outside as well, and Bella sat with them. 

       As I sighed, Edward looked at me with concern, "Are you all right?" I nodded, "I'm just sad Mother and Father aren't here." If I had been able to, I would have been crying. Edward patted my shoulder, "I'm sure they are looking down from heaven and are smiling because they are so proud of you; and so am I." "Thank you, for always being there for me. I love you." this time I hugged him. He hugged me back. "I love you too, Lil. I'm honored to be your brother." he said. 

Then, it was time for the ceremony to start. I took my brothers' arm, and we began to walk. 

       The path was sprinkled with flowers; white roses to be more specific. Important people in my life were watching us walk down the aisle. Our cousins Tanya, Kate, and Irina were there along with their fellow coven members Eleazar and Carmen. 

Riley's parents, his older sister, and younger brother were there, and they looked at me in awe, and then Riley's brother gave him an approving grin. I chuckled, and smiled. Finally, Chief Swan, Jessica Stanley, Mike Newton, Angela Weber, and Eric Yorkie were in attendance. 

All the most important people in my life.

Angela's father was going to be officiating the marriage. 

Edward and I reached the end of the aisle; he gave me one last hug before giving my hand to Riley. 

  My fiancé looked dashingly handsome in his tuxedo; his brown hair was slicked back, and he had a white rose pinned to the lapel of his suit. 

He smiled and he gently squeezed my hand. 

Mr. Weber smiled kindly at both of us, and then addressed our guests. "Please be seated." 

"We are gathered here today to celebrate and witness the union of Riley Biers and Lillian Cullen." he beamed like a proud father. 

"The love between this young man and woman is inspiring. To know that, they have made it a point to stick together through the good times and bad, and remembering the strong connection they share." 

"Riley, repeat after me: I, Riley Biers, take you Lillian Cullen to be my wife in sickness and health, for rich or for poor, for better or worse, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live." 

  Riley repeated, "I, Riley Biers, take you Lillian Cullen to be my wife in sickness and health, for rich or for poor, for better or worse, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live." he stroked my hand, and we were about to exchange rings. 

Then it was my turn to say my vows, "I, Lillian Cullen, take you Riley Biers to be my husband in sickness and health, for rich or for poor, for better or worse, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live." 

We exchanged rings. 

I was feeling happiness that I had never felt before, it was because I had found my other half, and we were going to be together forever. 

"By the power invested in me, by the state of Washington, I now pronounce you husband and wife," Mr. Weber said. Riley and I smiled at each other in excitement. 

"Riley, you may kiss your bride." he told him. 

My new husband stroked my face lovingly and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back. 

We didn't pay attention to the applause from our families at first, because we were too busy paying attention to each other. 

After our first kiss as a married couple, we smiled at each other. "I love you." "I love you more, always." 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you; Mr. and Mrs. Biers!"